Thread: Firecat 2009 draw length adjustment

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Firecat 2009 draw length adjustment

Any advice here folks? from the manual, it seems that one does not need the limbs in a press. Is that correct? Can I adjust draw length without a press? Also what gotshas should I be looking out for?
    Thanks folks

really appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Default Figured it out

Thanks folks decided to just try it and ended up with the modules set on number 5 - any idea what draw length that provides?

Post Thanks / Like

I think that is 28" but you also need to adjust the draw stop accordingly.

Post Thanks / Like

As Spiker said, the #5 position should be 28" but don't count on it. The only way to know for sure is to physically measure the draw length. Many bows, Martin included draw longer than their module setting specifies. It's not all that important that it be right on the money. The reason to measure it is so that you know what it really is. Once you have the bow set where you like it it makes sense to measure it so that if you make other adjustments or change string/cables in the future you can set it for the same length. Another thing I'd advise is taking a pencil and drawing a line on the left/drawstop side of the cam where it passes through the limb fork, front and back side of the limb. Having this gives you a visible reference to cam orientation in the event that the string/cables creep and you can adjust back to the original setting. It also helps for setting the draw length again if you change the rigging.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver