Thread: 2011 Martin closeouts...............

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2011 Martin closeouts...............

Ive seen alot of exile bows on closeout on AT and a few others just curious about that saddle back grip how you guys like it,and the bow any good,thanks.
    Last edited by Speedykills; 11-11-2011 at 01:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    Ive seen alot of exile bows on closeout on AT and a few others just curious about that saddle back grip how you guys like it,and the bow any good,thanks.
    i love my exile its the best bow ive shot in a while the grip is awsome you will always hold your bow correctly and you will never tourc your bow sorry i cant spell but if you dont grip your bow correctly it will feel uncomfortable and you will know your not holding it right thats what i like about it

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

the Exile grip is very nice. i found that my hand fell in to place naturally. for the price of the Exile,it's a heckuva deal for a bow that shoots so nice. highly recommended.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Speedy

If you find yourself in SW OK let me know and you can shoot my bow and find out for yourself.
    Firecat 400

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default grip

the grip may be comfortable, but i know that me along with many others have had issues with the grip just falling off. its just a piece of pleather glued to the riser nothing more, i suppose the low profile thinness of it will reduce torquing, but my grip literally started falling off after the first day of shooting it and many others have complained of the same problem, i bought a limbsaver tentacle grip for mine to replace it, i havent intalled it yet because it is now regular gun season here in north florida. besides the grip not sticking the exile is a wonderful deal for the money, i bought mine in cablelas in coeur de lene idaho and got a great package deal with a military discount. its shoots smooth and is actually fairly quiet once you get a stabilizer on it. the only suggestion i have is do not buy it in a package with the mantis rest and copper john sight. get the bow naked, and invest in a good sight and rest. the mantis rest is actually not that bad but the little fiber or felt tips whatever they are, they wear down pretty quick and then it exposes metal that drags on your arrows and scrathces them up, i havent noticed a difference in performance since the metal has worn through but i imagine over time it will make a difference, kind of like how a whisker biscuit wears out over time. the bow itself for a single cam bow is top of the line, its a deer slayer for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the reply's but i picked up a 2009 alien x just like my other one but with camo limbs and 45-60# draw weight instead of 55-70 like my other one i sold,so now i can enjoy those cams to their full potencial.Guess i just cant stay away from them martin bows..................

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

nothing wrong with a good deal on fine shooting bows!

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WestMichiganBowhunter View Post
    nothing wrong with a good deal on fine shooting bows!
    Good buy me one. Ha Ha!!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Good buy me one. Ha Ha!!!

Hutch
    Sure, as soon as you wear out your Bengal, heck by that time, should have made enough strings to get any bow you'd like. Probably another Bengal, I'd guess.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade