Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: exctied but i heard bad

Post Thanks / Like

Default exctied but i heard bad

ok so i am excited martin said there sending me my slide to replace the trg and the sts to replace the sos but when i look at stuff about the sts people are saying that the sts doesent fit in the notch in the bows riser and they have to make the notch bigger in the riser and like it doesent sit tight in the riser if you can get it in there because of the screws does any one know anything about this i have the martin exile how does it effect this

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hmmmm

thats interesting, because i have an exile and at one point was thinking of going to the sts instead. I have had no problems with my trg/sos so im not changing it, but im interested to see how this turns out. i take it martin knows you have an exile when you requested the sts right, if they were thinking they should have known whether or not they would fit. the 2011 exile is my first martin bow so off the top of my head I cannot tell you whether or not an sts will fit

Post Thanks / Like

ya they know its a exile but i was thinking that if they send me the slide and the sts i will upt the sts were the trg is and put the slide at the bottom because the top notch it bigger than the botton then i would go to the shop and get a 3 doller rod but i hope it all works goot and i dont have to do that does any one else know anything about this tho

Post Thanks / Like

Some people have had some trouble getting the rod to fit because of the film dip inside of the rod hole, clean it out, should have no problem. If you do, someone here will have an idea or two to help you out.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I'm fighting (what I consider) a loud noise on the shot of my bow. I think I have it figured out and it is the STS is not tight enough and thunks. The problem is the screws are bottomed out and I can't do anything about it. I tried adding some tape to my STS but then it gets too tight and is hard to get the STS in the slot. It will quiet it for a little bit and then it comes back. I will call Martin about it but not until after hunting season because I'm not going to send it back during the season as it is the only bow I have.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Are the screws bottoming out because the threaded hole in the STS is too short?? If this is the case why not fit a spacer to take up the slack & also remember to apply locktight thread compound before securing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    I'm fighting (what I consider) a loud noise on the shot of my bow. I think I have it figured out and it is the STS is not tight enough and thunks. The problem is the screws are bottomed out and I can't do anything about it. I tried adding some tape to my STS but then it gets too tight and is hard to get the STS in the slot. It will quiet it for a little bit and then it comes back. I will call Martin about it but not until after hunting season because I'm not going to send it back during the season as it is the only bow I have.
    Try changing out the 4way bumper for a BowJax MacDaddy. The 4 way is a relativley hard rubber compound that will create the thunk you are talking about, I've found the BowJax will usually quiet things down, next choice would be the LimbSaver string decelerator.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Guys,

The screw heads are bottoming out and can't go deeper to grip the rod. The rod is loose and you can move it. The string slapping the rubber stopper moves the rod which in turn moves in the slot and results in noise. This noise didn't exist when I had the TRG installed.
    Last edited by MLN1963; 11-13-2011 at 09:08 AM.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

ut oh looks like some problems not getting exctied starting to frown

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like an easy fix, get something to put between the screw head and the rod or file down the screws then clean up the threads. Maybe shorter screws also.