Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: now i am a real bealiver on how to quiet my bow

Post Thanks / Like

Default now i am a real bealiver on how to quiet my bow

in the past ive had some loud *** bows now that i have my martin it was still loud but quiter than my old ones and i never thought that the string leaches or any of the string scilencers ever quieted your bow but with my martin and thes leaches its a whole lot quieter and heavyer arrows also quiet your bow if you need to but if you have the corract arrows for you and your bow you should be quiet but if its loud try to get heavier arrows and stabolizers dampeners also help i dont know how but they do i went to a dunhams and got a truglo one and its quiet and looks good i dont really know about the limb savers but my old used bow had them but i never took them off so i cant really tell anything about that and the string stops also help on the viberation witch all comes from the string so the string sytop stops the string right there so there is no viberation to make your bow loud now my bow with all that except the limb savers and the string stop is pritty quiet and almost makes no noise and just a littlee bit of viberation but me string stops are in the mail so then all you will hear is a little smack from the string hitting the strong stop then it will be so quiet other than a little smack quicker and quieter then a snap of a persons fingers so if you have a loud bow try these tricks and i will garrentie you will have a quiet bow if now i will buy you a dohnut

Post Thanks / Like

Cat whisker's work pretty good too.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    Cat whisker's work pretty good too.
    Yep they sure do! That is all I have on my string and a sts and its quiet.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I've got limb savers on the limbs and cat whiskers on the string and all 4 cables ( yep, I hunt with an shoot thru bow.) Had to put the whiskers on the cables when I went to the wide axle on the bottom to seperate the cables. Gail is pretty quiet now. Turns out it was more trouble than it was worth. With the standard axles, the X cables touched each other and stopped the vibration, when I seperated them, they vibrated, was better off just keeping the cables well waxed where they crossed. Its time for new rigging, and when I change the string and cables, I'll go back to a standard axle, got another 6 weeks of hunting season left, then time to change it all out.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

i had wiskers be for i didnt knotice much difference and i talked to 2 different pro shops and they say the the cat wiskers and the brass nocks slow your bow down so i dont have an isssue with them i just dont really promote them i tie in my dloop and kisser and everything so i dont use and brass nocks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coolsam402 View Post
    i had wiskers be for i didnt knotice much difference and i talked to 2 different pro shops and they say the the cat wiskers and the brass nocks slow your bow down so i dont have an isssue with them i just dont really promote them i tie in my dloop and kisser and everything so i dont use and brass nocks
    i really dont care for brass knock,but anything you put on your string will slow it down.a nice ball of cat whiskers is all i will use and they work great.i had the leqches too and did not care for them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    i really dont care for brass knock,but anything you put on your string will slow it down.a nice ball of cat whiskers is all i will use and they work great.i had the leqches too and did not care for them
    ya so i guess its a little prefrence type thing but if you use the leaches you have to get the good ones not the cheap ones

Post Thanks / Like

Had leaches on my Trophy Hunter and they didn't seem to make it any quieter. Put whiskers on it and it's very quiet. My Silencer was fairly quiet out of the box with the sts but I will not shoot a bow that makes noise so a set of whiskers fixed that problem.

A silent bow is better than a loud bow no matter how fast it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Cat whiskers for me too. That all I have ever used.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

catwhiskers are the best
    2010 Martin BoneHunter- 29/60- Martin WhiskerBiscuit-Victory V1 Arrows-Vanetecs-Meatseeker Broadheads-Extreme Hunter TS Sight

Aim Small.....Miss Small