Thread: nitro cams

Post Thanks / Like

Default nitro cams

how do the nitro cams compare to the cat 1.5 cams as far as draw and valley feel ?

Post Thanks / Like

I think Barry (BFisher) has shot both cams. He is very helpful around here in will chime in if he has any info for you. I'm sure some others have too but I don't have any names for you.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdduffy View Post
    how do the nitro cams compare to the cat 1.5 cams as far as draw and valley feel ?
    If you're referring to the Nitro 1.5 cams compared to the CAT 1.5 cams...........they are the same cam, just renamed.....and they are the same as the Hybrix 1.5's used on the Rytera line. They all use the same draw length modules as the Nitro/Hybrix 2.0 cams so they have a similar feel to those, with the exception of peaking a little sooner in the draw cycle.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    If you're referring to the Nitro 1.5 cams compared to the CAT 1.5 cams...........they are the same cam, just renamed.....and they are the same as the Hybrix 1.5's used on the Rytera line. They all use the same draw length modules as the Nitro/Hybrix 2.0 cams so they have a similar feel to those, with the exception of peaking a little sooner in the draw cycle.
    I was thinking about the nitro hybrid cams on the new scepter V. are they the same as the nitro/hybrix 2.0 cams ?

Post Thanks / Like

ArcherX7 has explained it pretty well, but there is a terminology problem in the Martin catalog that people should be aware of. The Nitro/Hybrix cams (1.5 or 2.0) are not a hybrid cam. They are binary cams. There is a difference. Martin did at one time (2004-2005) make a hybrid cam system called True-Arc and then True-Arc+ that was not very popular.

Hybrid cams have never piqued my interest much. In fact, I much prefer a true dual cam over the Binary system, but I prefer the Binary to the single cam system. Personal choice.

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver