Thread: what rest should i get

Post Thanks / Like

Default what rest should i get

Post Thanks / Like

there are a few of us looking at the reveluton but dont really have much info.i know im thinking about getting one or maybe the NAP 360.

Post Thanks / Like

well the more i look i like the revolition because it has what i want but i like the regular drop away but i tink i will get the revolutiion cuz i want to make shur i get totle vane clearance and no bounce back i will prob be getting it tomarrow or tuesday i will tell you how it is does anyone else have any other info on these rests

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Both of the rests you are looking at have great reviews. I am looking at the revolution. I think it is out of the box style rest. Which is why I like it. The NAP apache is the 3 one you should look at.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Both of the rests you are looking at have great reviews. I am looking at the revolution. I think it is out of the box style rest. Which is why I like it. The NAP apache is the 3 one you should look at.

Hutch
    i dont really like an of the nap rests

Post Thanks / Like

the apache is a no frills but very very solid rest. but if you dont like it....... my apache is more reliable than my hostage was, if that says anything. and its just a no brainer to shoot and tune.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

I shoot the Apache and love it, it is the best and easiest rest to tune I have ever had.

I have heard of at least three instances where the Revolution has broken soon after installation. I too wanted to get this rest but after three fails I don't think so. I have never heard of the Apache Failing (not saying that they don't fail) just never heard of one.

The QAD rests I have heard more good than bad. I have heard more bad about the hunter model but less of the LD and HD models.

Will
    08' Martin Saber
    27" DL 62# DW 7"BH 32.25"ATA
    Limbsaver Elite Prism 5 Pin Sight
    NAP Apache, Tru-Ball Rack Master Pro Release
    Harvest Time Archery HT-2 28" with FOB's and Grim Reaper BH
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me. Gen 27:3 NKJV

Post Thanks / Like

well i like the revolution or that other drop away and the other drop away i would want the more expencive one (obvcourse) and i dont have the money right now and i dont like the nap one at all just saying and i do like the revolution and it has good reviews i like it and its goot price has the lock down technologey so no bounce back and the store down the street and around the corner and down that street sells them for 50 and i haave a 20% off coupon so that makes it 40 and i have atleast 45 maybe 50 so eather way and im going to go get it tomarrow and that store also doesent have any of the other rest so i guess this rest is just ment to be so i will tell you alll how this revolution works tomarrow when i get it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coolsam402 View Post
    well i like the revolution or that other drop away and the other drop away i would want the more expencive one (obvcourse) and i dont have the money right now and i dont like the nap one at all just saying and i do like the revolution and it has good reviews i like it and its goot price has the lock down technologey so no bounce back and the store down the street and around the corner and down that street sells them for 50 and i haave a 20% off coupon so that makes it 40 and i have atleast 45 maybe 50 so eather way and im going to go get it tomarrow and that store also doesent have any of the other rest so i guess this rest is just ment to be so i will tell you alll how this revolution works tomarrow when i get it
    Sounds like you've already made your mind up as to which rest you want, so what exactly was your question? So you're going with a drop-away containment type rest. For my money, too many moving parts, and I have no intention of standing on my head to take a shot, so thanks but I'll stick with the prongs that I'm shooting now.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    the apache is a no frills but very very solid rest. but if you dont like it....... my apache is more reliable than my hostage was, if that says anything. and its just a no brainer to shoot and tune.
    Same, I shoot the Apache and it is awesome. If you are choosing between those 2 I would not get the QAD unless you are going up to the LD or the one above that. People have said the Hunter model can have some bounce-back in the arm and that could affect your arrow flight.

The Revolution looks like it would be a nice rest and the clearance on it looks great. I wouldn't mind checking one out myself, but as long as the Apache is in working order, I have no reason to.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff