Thread: Nemesis cam timing

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nemesis cam timing

I have a 2010 Alien Nemesis and am having sound issues. First of all I was in a hurry and put a cheap string on it (my fault). As the string stretches I have it twisted to try to keep in in spec (34" ATA). This last time I found something odd. When I measured my ATA I got 34 1/16" (acceptable for now). When I turned the bow over and measured again (on a hunch) I got 34 3/16" (unacceptable). I remeasured several times and still get 1/8" difference in ATA from one side of the bow to the other. Is this normal? If not what can cause this?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Its completely normal to have a small amount of ATA difference from one side to another on any bow with a cable guard. Its just one of the effects of pulling the cables off to one side to get arrow clearance.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

So should I tune to 33 15/16" on one side and 34 1/16" on the other? I am going to a better string after the end of the season but for now I would just like to quiet it down.

Post Thanks / Like

this is a link to one of our in house string builders.great strings at a better price.
    http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...rings-for-sale!

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't your bow a Hybrix cam bow? If so there is no way to change cam lean/limb twist. Maybe an offset cable guide rod would help a little but you are very limited to what you can do with a Hybrix cam bow.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

are your cams in time with each other and are the cables routed correctly?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Isn't your bow a Hybrix cam bow? If so there is no way to change cam lean/limb twist. Maybe an offset cable guide rod would help a little but you are very limited to what you can do with a Hybrix cam bow.
    That is kind of what I was thinking. The pockets look good, pads seem even. I am going to check my measurements again tonight since I don't remember which side was long. I might be able to put an offset cable guide rod on and "torque" it a little more (if that is the long side).