Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nemesis cam timing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nemesis cam timing

I have a 2010 Alien Nemesis and am having sound issues. First of all I was in a hurry and put a cheap string on it (my fault). As the string stretches I have it twisted to try to keep in in spec (34" ATA). This last time I found something odd. When I measured my ATA I got 34 1/16" (acceptable for now). When I turned the bow over and measured again (on a hunch) I got 34 3/16" (unacceptable). I remeasured several times and still get 1/8" difference in ATA from one side of the bow to the other. Is this normal? If not what can cause this?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Its completely normal to have a small amount of ATA difference from one side to another on any bow with a cable guard. Its just one of the effects of pulling the cables off to one side to get arrow clearance.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

So should I tune to 33 15/16" on one side and 34 1/16" on the other? I am going to a better string after the end of the season but for now I would just like to quiet it down.

Post Thanks / Like

this is a link to one of our in house string builders.great strings at a better price.
    http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...rings-for-sale!

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't your bow a Hybrix cam bow? If so there is no way to change cam lean/limb twist. Maybe an offset cable guide rod would help a little but you are very limited to what you can do with a Hybrix cam bow.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

are your cams in time with each other and are the cables routed correctly?

Post Thanks / Like

Cams seem to be perfectly in time, cables routed correctly and it laser-tuned on the money. Other than being loud it shoots like a dream. I am getting 285 fps at 27" DL set at 68 lbs shooting 26.5" Ted Nugent Goldtips.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Isn't your bow a Hybrix cam bow? If so there is no way to change cam lean/limb twist. Maybe an offset cable guide rod would help a little but you are very limited to what you can do with a Hybrix cam bow.
    That is kind of what I was thinking. The pockets look good, pads seem even. I am going to check my measurements again tonight since I don't remember which side was long. I might be able to put an offset cable guide rod on and "torque" it a little more (if that is the long side).

Post Thanks / Like

How close to the string is your STS? Most guys say about a credit card away. Could add some cat whiskers, which kills most all string vibrations, and maybe put some limb savers on the limbs. Ought to quiet her down.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I keep my string about 1/16" away from my STS (just enough to see daylight). I have limbsavers on it but have not tried anything on the string yet. It doesn't really sound like string vibration (more of a sharp "thump") but I am more than willing to try some whiskers or monkeytails. Will try to keep you posted.

Thanks