Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nemesis cam timing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cadman99 View Post
    I keep my string about 1/16" away from my STS (just enough to see daylight). I have limbsavers on it but have not tried anything on the string yet. It doesn't really sound like string vibration (more of a sharp "thump") but I am more than willing to try some whiskers or monkeytails. Will try to keep you posted.

Thanks
    I think this sounds a lot like mine sounds. I'm fighting a STS that doesn't stay tight and when it gets loose it makes this kind of sound. When it starts making that sound I can grab the (offset) STS rod and see it move around.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Check to be sure the end of the STS rod is not butted against your stabilizer. Also - you can put a piece of foam in between the two, this seems to knock down some noise also.
    With my FireCat - it was quietest with the bumper just a hair away from the string at rest, however with the Nemesis, AX and AZ - they are the quietest with the
    string right up against the bumper at rest.
    Actually on my X's and Z I have the bumper turned so the slot is 90 degrees to the string rather than the string hitting in the slot.
    One way to find out if the STS is the issue is to just take it off and shoot to see if that eliminates the noise.
    Another thing may be - have you shot other bows with the STS? They do produce a thunk when you shoot.
    And have you had someone else shoot it while you stood 5ys or so away and listened?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cadman99 View Post
    I keep my string about 1/16" away from my STS (just enough to see daylight). I have limbsavers on it but have not tried anything on the string yet. It doesn't really sound like string vibration (more of a sharp "thump") but I am more than willing to try some whiskers or monkeytails. Will try to keep you posted.

Thanks
    mine makes a noise like you are discribeing ! i thought it was a bad limb, so i sent it in to martin they checked it out and said it was ok . when i got it back i made new string & cables for it and put string sliencers on it. it seems to me the more i shoot it the quiter it is. im not going to worrie about it is a very accurate & fast bow & i love shooting it.
    good luck on yours!
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,