Thread: Can I replace A 2010 Fire Cat Riser with a 2011 Fire cat Riser ??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can I replace A 2010 Fire Cat Riser with a 2011 Fire cat Riser ??

Looking at specs ATA is the same ,,but, was wondering if they changed anything ,I have the power tough limbs and cat 2 cams TR2 with roller Gard now..Long story ,and my fault But, I need a new riser and can buy a 2011 one.Do you think it will will work ..Thanks for any help ....

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure that you could swap risers, as Martin bows seem to morph into all sorts of Frankenbows, so a one year updated riser should be no problem. Of course, we'll all want to see pics of the change. Perhaps you might give Martin a call and check on string and cable specs to be sure.
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 11-15-2011 at 04:46 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

and a long story about why you need a new riser would be cool too.did you run your bow over..come on you can tell us

Post Thanks / Like

I had a friend who ran over his hoyt alphamax a few years back...I guess bows dont fare too well with a 3/4 ton pick-up backing up over them.

As for the riser, swap...Im sure you could do it easily...However, you will be paying a pretty penny for that riser...I know firsthand if I did something to mess up one of the risers on my bow...I would be in automatic franken-bow mode...not gonna lie, something makes me wanna swap the cams off my warthog for the nitrous cams on my slayer...but thats too much time, which i dont have a lot of right now....

Anyways, sorry about the rambling...check the AT classifieds, find a martin riser, could be one from this year, last year, 5 years ago...play around with the possibilities if you would like...but on the other hand, just give Martin a call, Im sure they would bend over to make sure you get ur bow up and running ASAP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    and a long story about why you need a new riser would be cool too.did you run your bow over..come on you can tell us
    Man, you are good ....I am still ,,beating myself up over it right now ...but ,I will try and get some pics and story ..as what not to do..and also, the swap out new one ,,I think I got lucking finding one ..Just hope the deal works out and can get it back together ..I love that bow..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-the-snake View Post
    I had a friend who ran over his hoyt alphamax a few years back...I guess bows dont fare too well with a 3/4 ton pick-up backing up over them.

As for the riser, swap...Im sure you could do it easily...However, you will be paying a pretty penny for that riser...I know firsthand if I did something to mess up one of the risers on my bow...I would be in automatic franken-bow mode...not gonna lie, something makes me wanna swap the cams off my warthog for the nitrous cams on my slayer...but thats too much time, which i dont have a lot of right now....

Anyways, sorry about the rambling...check the AT classifieds, find a martin riser, could be one from this year, last year, 5 years ago...play around with the possibilities if you would like...but on the other hand, just give Martin a call, Im sure they would bend over to make sure you get ur bow up and running ASAP
    After shooting nitrous cams, its easy to understand why you'd want them on your Warthog.
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    After shooting nitrous cams, its easy to understand why you'd want them on your Warthog.
    Not that I have anything against the CAT 2 Cams...in fact I love them too, User friendly, and can be TUNED for smoothness...however, the Nitrous on the other hand...no tuning to make them smooth, and speed is more than impressive with them. I wish i had something to work off, like cam size needed, modules, string lengths, etc. to make my warthog franken bow...it would be an awesome project...

Post Thanks / Like

Not a difficult conversion.String/cable lengths are really easy to figure.

Post Thanks / Like

Difficult part is tearing apart a Slayer to get the Nitrous cams. Saw some for sale in the classifieds, C's and B's, for a C note!