Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can it get any longer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    The d loop length has nothing to do with draw length. It only moves you anchor point.

Hutch
    i know its my draw lenght isent at the right lenght so to get my correct ancor point i have to use a long d loop

Post Thanks / Like

Default I might be wrong

I might be wrong but it sounds like your draw length might be shorter than you think.If your draw length is really 30+'' then when you draw your bow your 29'' arrow should be pulled almost completely off the shelf,not hanging an 1" or 2'' over.At an 1" or 2" over your probably in the 27''-28'' range(f4).With the 30'' module on there you are likely not reaching the valley of the draw when you are drawing back your bow.A quick guideline to start is to measure your wingspan and divide by 2.5.That is if I understood things correctly.If I'm wrong, hopefully some of the other guys can help.
    Last edited by Skbengal; 11-17-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

If shooting 30 inches of draw, technically you could shoot a 29 inch aarow fairly safely. Depending on rest.if you measured from the knock to the deepest part of the grip it would measure 28.25 inches. Most rests sit a little behind that ( excluding alot of the prong launchers) so his aarow would extend about .25 inches beyond the deepest part of the grip.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Correction. .75 inches from the deepest part of the grip.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skbengal View Post
    I might be wrong but it sounds like your draw length might be shorter than you think.If your draw length is really 30+'' then when you draw your bow your 29'' arrow should be pulled almost completely off the shelf,not hanging an 1" or 2'' over.At an 1" or 2" over your probably in the 27''-28'' range(f4).With the 30'' module on there you are likely not reaching the valley of the draw when you are drawing back your bow.A quick guideline to start is to measure your wingspan and divide by 2.5.That is if I understood things correctly.If I'm wrong, hopefully some of the other guys can help.
    bow companys may the draw from the string at full draw to the frount of the riser i think or the middle of it or somewere and what im saying is with the 30 in mod my 29 in arrow hang from the riser 1 or 2 inches when the tip should be just popping out in frount of the riser

Post Thanks / Like

i just think that martins lengths are off

Post Thanks / Like

standard draw lengths are measured from the apex of the string to the deepest part of the grip, plus 1.75 inches. martins tend to be a little long, in draw length.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    standard draw lengths are measured from the apex of the string to the deepest part of the grip, plus 1.75 inches. martins tend to be a little long, in draw length.
    i thought they tended to be a little short

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the 2011s that I have heard people talking about were running on the long side. Mine is about 1/2" longer than selected.
    Firecat 400