Thread: Sick of the Martin sts set screw.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sick of the Martin sts set screw.

As many of you know, i have been having alot of problems with the martin sts using the set screw. I tried everything including using longer screws, using locktight, and even using a shim to make the sts fit better in the riser. After trying all this, after about 30 shots the sts was once again moving around. I finally got sick of it and bought a limbsaver string decelorator off of ebay last light. The limbsaver will allow me to mount it into the threads on the front of the bow. I was just wondering if anybody else is using the limbsaver sts and wanted to know how it performed. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

yeah mine moves around a little too. wondering what i should do.
    2010 Martin BoneHunter- 29/60- Martin WhiskerBiscuit-Victory V1 Arrows-Vanetecs-Meatseeker Broadheads-Extreme Hunter TS Sight

Aim Small.....Miss Small

Post Thanks / Like

mine dont move..infact i had to use a rubber mallet to get it in far enough...then chanel locks to turn it to where i wanted it.dont kmow if the darn thing will ever come out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    mine dont move..infact i had to use a rubber mallet to get it in far enough...then chanel locks to turn it to where i wanted it.dont kmow if the darn thing will ever come out.
    hopefully thats how mine works i called for it friday and then i called today and they said it was sent yesterday so hopefully i get it friday work caseinario i get it saturday or monday or tuesday if it doesent come on friday i am going to be really dissapointedif not hopefully saturday if not i will be compleaatly dissapointed so hopefully friday i live in michigan so it might even come tomarrow