Thread: Release aids

Post Thanks / Like

Default Release aids

Looking for some advice on the various different types & their pros & cons.

The 2 main types I am looking at are the hand trigger style like the Carter Chocolate or Target +

Or would I be better using the wrist strap type such as Scott Caliper Release. I do notice the strap varients all seem to be much longer than the trigger types which could impact my draw length.

Any views on each style & their functionality would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Wil

Post Thanks / Like

Your best bet is to check um out at a pro shop. If you are just hunting you cant beat the utility of the strap type releases. I personally shoot a 20 dollar allen release, there "pro" model. My 45 dollar tru ball is my backup release.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

what justin said.

i shoot a 20 trufire amd it works great.i cant see spanding lots of money on a realse that does the same as my $20 one.

try them out and find what suites you

Post Thanks / Like

you can get a cobea wrist strap string strap head release for 25 witch you can shorten or lengthen it to your draw length and the string strap makes no tourqe on your string so better shots and consistancy

Post Thanks / Like

Used a Bass Pro release that is made by Cobra I believe all summer, worked great. The only thing I didn't like about it was the head of the release is adjustable by a threaded stud with a locking nut that didn't stay where I set it and was always having to readjust it.

Now I'm using a Trufire 360 Extreme, and like it better than any I've tried.

Post Thanks / Like

I shoot with a tru-ball rack master pro (these are not made any more) but the sniper scout the cyclone and the short and sweet are all adjustable lengths. check them out.http://www.truball.com/ShortNSweet.html

Will
    08' Martin Saber
    27" DL 62# DW 7"BH 32.25"ATA
    Limbsaver Elite Prism 5 Pin Sight
    NAP Apache, Tru-Ball Rack Master Pro Release
    Harvest Time Archery HT-2 28" with FOB's and Grim Reaper BH
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me. Gen 27:3 NKJV