Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's at work and here?

Post Thanks / Like

I work as a carpenter & kitchen cabinet installer. So I only get lunch break to visit.
    2007 Martin Wildcat / Jaguar 55# Dw 29" DL, Wildman Fly Series Quiver,Nap Apache Drop Away Rest, 28" Beman, ICS. Bowhunter 400- Custom Camo Hutch-n-son wrist sling

Post Thanks / Like

I don't visit here when I'm at work (I work for Shaw's Supermarket), but I do occasionally visit while at college using their free WIFI. The download speeds there are about 1 MB per second.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Work? What's that? I'm retired and don't have time to work.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

no work all play all day..heatlh took me out of the work force...now Im loking fo rmy own machines....got mill got lathe I want um.. be great if i could still be in a shop.... Oh well guess i go hunt some pumkinheaded bruin
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Work? What's that? I'm retired and don't have time to work.
    I'm currently in that situation but the wife isn't liking it one bit. Seems it's not fair for me to stay home while she has to get up and go to work. Guess I'll be rejoining the workforce at some point.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

im always at work when i get on here, im a utility locator
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight

Post Thanks / Like

this is my job.make the cemetery look nice and take care of everything else to.pic is only 1/16th of my cemetery

Post Thanks / Like

And a nice job you are doing of it, GD.

Mark, I retired 9 years ago at 55---long story. My wife works 10-12 hours a day as a dispatcher in a school bus terminal. It's a very stressful job as she has other duties such as doing payroll, coordinating field trips, charters, and listening to all the crap from irate parents the school district, and all the drivers' problems. She comes home mentally wasted.

She'll sometimes get a phone call from one of the drivers needing to take off. When this happens she'll be on the phone for 2 hours coordinating with as many as 3 other drivers to split up and cover the affected route. It's added stress that she shouldn't have to deal with, IMO, but she does have to do it.

I have taken over most of the duties of running the house; cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping and such. Sitting here one night I told her I could get trained and fill in once in a while as needed so I got trained and work part time, mostly doing field trips, sports, and filling in when somebody takes off. Little did I know (4 years now) that there would be times when I would have to work 5 days a week for weeks, or even months at a time. Then all of a sudden things would be good and I would not be needed, maybe for a month or two. It's hard bouncing back and forth, but it does help her and it gives me something to do. I now know all the bus stops and bus routes (30 of them), location of all the schools, backroads, shortcuts, etc so get used as what they call a supersub.

I've even come to enjoy the challenge of it all. Believe me, there's a lot more going on than just pushing the brake and gas. One thing I've learned is that people drive very stupidly. I always have to be aware of what's going on on the road while sometimes dealing with 50-60 screaming yeemies behind me. The safety of those kids is my primary concern and I take that very personally.

OK, enough of my rant.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

GD,
    Awsome looking grounds you have there.
    I wish I could post pics of my work, but alas because of the security and company policy no can do. But you can google where I work.....go figure.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Here' where I was medically retired from. I miss it and my fellow officers. The toughest beat in the state of California. Max level.
    Attached Images Attached Images