Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Updated Martin Site. Check it out!.

Post Thanks / Like

nice look alright but Im with Barry too many short bows... need more longer ATA and long draws.. most dont get past 30- 31, I need that + in a longer ata Im 6'4" barrel chested wih ape arms.. make fun if you must but face it Iam big guy look at 4x5 size an add some he is 5' 10" and still draws 30 -31. Heck there's a reason my Mtn bike is taller then his...lol
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Lol barry i was thinking the same thing. I have a short bow, next one will be longer. I prefer the hybred cams, so im down to an alien z or scepter. A 35,36,37 inch range ata is what im going to get. Az it is i guess. I let my buddy shoot my bow the other day, and he informed me i was selling it to him.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

that was nice of him, hope he gives you a good price...lol
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

I know. I might let it go for what i paid for it, only loaded, and new string. Might.......
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings

Post Thanks / Like

Oh now it would have to be a bare bow and extra $ money for that pre shot in new string...after all he is a buddy....lol hope he hasa good job...
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah hes a foreman on a dirt work crew. He makes good money! I should have him check out the new pantera. Im going to guess that its going to be one of the best single cams out there. And a hands down better value than anything else out there.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree on the fact that there are too many short bows. The lines are balanced in terms of price points but the bows don't offer a solid range of options. Too much overlap in model specs. Basically you have the Bengal and Prower, both are 31" ATA, 7" BH and single cams. Then you have the Silencer and Firecat, both offered in the single cam and hybrid but both are around 31 1/2". No need for these. The Benal and Prowler cover that ATA. Just offer the Bengal in the Hybrid cam and call it the Crossfire and offer the Prowler in the single cam and call it the Exile and let the Prowler be he hybrid cam. The Scepter is fine being only offered in the Pro Series. Next you have the Pantera. Great. 34" ATA and single cam. They should have offered it in the Pro Series with the Hybrid cam and called it the Firecat instead. Finally offer the Onza in the hybrid cam in the Pro Series and the Onza with the single cam in the Gold series

They could have nicely ended up with something like this:

Bow
    Bengal - Single Cam - Pro Series
    Crossfire - Bengal w/Hybrid cam - Pro Series
    Pantera - Single cam - Gold Series
    Pantera - Hybrid Cam - Pro Series
    Prowler - Hybrid Cam - Gold Series
    Exile - Prowler w/Single Cam - Gold Series
    Onza - Single cam - Gold Series
    Onza - Hybrid Cam - Pro series
    Scepter - Pro Series Only
    Firecat - 37" ATA bow with either cam option (This is the ATA range they are missing) - Pro Series only

JMO
    Last edited by bcriner; 11-18-2011 at 09:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

The Cougar FC and Silencer are 32 1/4" if they are the same as last year. I think the 31 1/4" is another typo in the catalog.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Regardless, that 1 1/2" is not enough to have models that close.

Post Thanks / Like

No disagreement there I was just trying to help.
    Firecat 400