Thread: Martin Pantera: Limb/Riser/Cam combination & Draw Weight

J-Man

Default Martin Pantera: Limb/Riser/Cam combination & Draw Weight

Hi there,

As you can see I'm new here (and also new to archery, and therefore, new to Martin), so firstly thanks I have been lurking here for while now picking up tips here and there - slowly trying to expand my archery knowledge.

I have a specific question regarding the limb and cam charts, and understanding how different limb / cam /riser combinations affect Draw Weight.

My bow for example is a 2007 Pantera with Magnum "4M" Limbs and the M-Pro Cam. Now if I read the cam chart on the website, the line for the Pantera has the numbers "2", "4" & "6" under the items W50, W60 and W70 respectively.

Would I be correct in drawing the conclusion that firstly; the max draw weight of my bow is 60#, and secondly that 1M, 3M, 5M and 6M limbs (etc) cannot be used on Pantera with M-Pro Cams?

I'd appreciate help with this - reading these charts for the first time and understanding them is a little tricky

Post Thanks / Like

You are interpretting the charts correctly. Your bow would have a peak weight of 60#.

However, that doesn't mean the bow could not be ordered with 1, 3, or 5 limbs on it. For instance, the #3M limbs should give a weight range of
    40-55#. The bows can be ordered as such. It's just not a standard configuration that you'd find hanging on the rack at a shop.

Another for instance; I got my Pantera with Nitrous X cams on it, specifying a 55# peak weight because I only shoot about 53#. Also specifying a 27" draw I should have ordered it with B base cams, but it has "C's" on it so I had to get mini-mods. Now had I gotten B base cams I'd have had to have lighter limbs.

I don't usually work up the specs for my bows as I don't have all the resourses of the factory. I just tell them what bow, draw length, weight and cam style. I let them work out the the details.

Sorry for the ranting, but I hope this helps.

J-Man

Thanks bfisher!

That explanation is very helpful - much appreciated & rant on ! I didn't realize there is so much versatility in setting up a Martin Bow...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J-Man View Post
    Thanks bfisher!

That explanation is very helpful - much appreciated & rant on ! I didn't realize there is so much versatility in setting up a Martin Bow...

Hey, you can do a lot more things with them. You can take a Pantera, for instance, and order it with 14" limbs instead of the normal 13's. MPro cam, Nitrous, Furious.

Take the S4 target bow as another one. It comes with 17" Elite limbs and Furious cams. A lot of guys are getting it with 14" (magnum) limbs and Nitrous X cams. This makes it about 5" shorter, lower brace height and about 20 fps faster than the standard version.

As you mentioned----versatility. Nothing like having a bow like no other.