Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: oh my !

Post Thanks / Like

It might be helpful to start from scratch getting the rest and nocking point location right. Rest and nocking point need to be psoitioned so that with the arrow nocked about 90 degrees to the string the rest is mounted so the arrow approximately centers on the Berger holes. That's item #1. Then the draw length needs to be fairly close for the shooter; plus or minus a half inch or so should be close enough. Then draw and anchor, find a position where you can see through the peep and go from there.

Try shooting the bow and see where your arrow hits. If your arrows are so low that you run out of pin adjustment then you'll have no choice but to lower your anchor and adjust the peep and kisser height accordingly. Understand that the shorter the a2a on the bow and the longer the draw length the higher the peep will need to be. This is not a problem with the bow, but one of choosing the wrong type of bow to begin with. Short bows and long draw lengths do not always go hand in hand well. Especially if you choose to anchor with your nose on the string. Sometimes it just won't work that way.

Not knowing what bows you've had in the past (maybe longer a2a) you can't take for granted that the peep height will remain the same for every bow. You may have to make adjustments in your shooting form. Moving the peep isn't that hard and 1/2" can make a world of difference in elevation.

If at all possible it would be nice if you could post some pictures (head to toe) standing at full draw (shooting level) so we can make a more accurate assessment and/or suggestions on how to correct this situation.

Hope I haven't left too much out.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

I'm on a phone that the issue with the punctuation and when I draw and anchor and open my eyes the peep is perfect form good (tOld by 2 people) and one guy just said something about the way I drew my bow so also good form and it doesn't matter wut sight cuz I don't want tO drop it dRop it down any farther I want to bring it up so it's not stupid looking and it's centered ish and the nock it fine idk what it is

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    It might be helpful to start from scratch getting the rest and nocking point location right. Rest and nocking point need to be psoitioned so that with the arrow nocked about 90 degrees to the string the rest is mounted so the arrow approximately centers on the Berger holes. That's item #1. Then the draw length needs to be fairly close for the shooter; plus or minus a half inch or so should be close enough. Then draw and anchor, find a position where you can see through the peep and go from there.

Try shooting the bow and see where your arrow hits. If your arrows are so low that you run out of pin adjustment then you'll have no choice but to lower your anchor and adjust the peep and kisser height accordingly. Understand that the shorter the a2a on the bow and the longer the draw length the higher the peep will need to be. This is not a problem with the bow, but one of choosing the wrong type of bow to begin with. Short bows and long draw lengths do not always go hand in hand well. Especially if you choose to anchor with your nose on the string. Sometimes it just won't work that way.

Not knowing what bows you've had in the past (maybe longer a2a) you can't take for granted that the peep height will remain the same for every bow. You may have to make adjustments in your shooting form. Moving the peep isn't that hard and 1/2" can make a world of difference in elevation.

If at all possible it would be nice if you could post some pictures (head to toe) standing at full draw (shooting level) so we can make a more accurate assessment and/or suggestions on how to correct this situation.

Hope I haven't left too much out.
    Thank I'll try moving the peep up and I'll post some pics

Post Thanks / Like

Moving your peep can make a world of difference. I moved my peep up one twist up the string and was then able to get my gang where i wanted it. Moving your peep may also help you so much that you may just wonder what you were thinking before. It happened to me. It happened to my buddy too.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

as little as 1" can be worlds apart... I too moved my anchor pt when i put new riggin on my bow...centerd up my gang sight and tightend up my pin set.. that also was due to a DL ajustment...I streched out my ape arms
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    as little as 1" can be worlds apart... I too moved my anchor pt when i put new riggin on my bow...centerd up my gang sight and tightend up my pin set.. that also was due to a DL ajustment...I streched out my ape arms
    Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    Moving your peep can make a world of difference. I moved my peep up one twist up the string and was then able to get my gang where i wanted it. Moving your peep may also help you so much that you may just wonder what you were thinking before. It happened to me. It happened to my buddy too.
    ok i will try it in in houur or 2

Post Thanks / Like

sence my pins are all bottomed outt do i have to move the peep up or can i put it lower

Post Thanks / Like

Move your peep up.
    A little common sense goes a long way, unfortunately it's in short supply!

Post Thanks / Like

urururugurugqefuvherhvviuwgd i cant get a comfeterable anchor with out my peep being how it is (moved up)i have to cock my head left right up down inside out wedge it blah blah blah to get anchor ed right so i cansee through the peep

Post Thanks / Like

Post pics! Have someone take pictiures of you at full draw from both sides, your anchor With your peep in the pic from both sides, and your sight.

This is the only way we may be able to help you.

I have a hard time believing that it's that hard to get it figured out on your part, it's a simple adjustment.
    A little common sense goes a long way, unfortunately it's in short supply!