Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do i adjust brace height

Post Thanks / Like

Default how do i adjust brace height

the title says all i have a martin exile and i think its sipposed to be 7 in and mines at 7 1/2 i think or more
    Last edited by Hutch~n~Son Archery; 11-18-2011 at 01:49 AM. Reason: title for spelling

Post Thanks / Like

how are you measuring your brace height?
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

with a square how else would i mEASURE IT oops caps but a ruler or quorters what the difference i usend a old square i had laaying around my friend uses a ruler

Post Thanks / Like

and what are you measuring?
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings

Post Thanks / Like

from the string to the deepest part of the grip i know how to measure brace height

Post Thanks / Like

well your cable is too short then, probably. take your cable off without untwisting it and see if it measures the same as the "split" measurement on the sticker on the bottom limb.

Post Thanks / Like

If your BH is off check your axle to axle length most likely it isnt set to spec.Another thing you have to remember is the specs on martins web sight are not aproximent settings.Most bows come on or close to these,there not set in stone.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you're going to have to un-twist your string and cable. You do know that you don't need a press to remove string or cables on a Martin, right? Back out the limb bolts a few turns at a time equally, until you can see light thru the barrel nut in the riser. By that time the string will roll out of the cam or idler. Un-twist your cable until its the approximite length as stated on the lower limb sticker. Untwist the string, till its close to stated length. Reassemble.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

heck what are you doing to this bow ?

1st of we are all here to help ? no need to be short with anyone.
    I have read more then one post from you, and truthfuly its painful to read!
    try proof reading some of it...

2nd do your self a favor and get that bow into a shop have them put it back in spec. then take some notes, peep hight from nock pt and its position as well

3rd please take a picture BEFOR you take your bow apart.. it helps keep things from getting crossed up, as in one of your other posts...
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    heck what are you doing to this bow ?

1st of we are all here to help ? no need to be short with anyone.
    I have read more then one post from you, and truthfuly its painful to read!
    try proof reading some of it...

2nd do your self a favor and get that bow into a shop have them put it back in spec. then take some notes, peep hight from nock pt and its position as well

3rd please take a picture BEFOR you take your bow apart.. it helps keep things from getting crossed up, as in one of your other posts...
    Nothing I got it less than 2 weeks ago and haven't been able to scot farther than 10 yards cuzi can't get it all set up like one thing brakes and o fix it a new thing happens