Thread: how do i remove brass nocks

Post Thanks / Like

Default how do i remove brass nocks

help .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................

Post Thanks / Like

I would use a pair of sharp electrical wire cutters. When you cut the nock make sure the cutting jaws are orientated horizontally relative to the string, this will ensure the sharp edges of the jaws will never come into contact with the string, they will slide up & down next to the string. Then its a matter of just working your way around the string cutting small portions off untill it falls away.

Important to have a really sharp cutter.
    Testing testing

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coolsam402 View Post
    help .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................
    Go to a Dicks sporting goods and buy yourself a pair of nocking pliers $14.99 by carbon express. They pinch the brass nock off and open it with out hurting the string.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Or two pair of small, good vise grip pliers. If you dont have them, or a really good pair of side cutters got to dicks like hutch said. Much cheaper than buying the alternate tools!
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

For many many years I have just used a small screwdriver to spread the ends. Slide it in the gap and twist. You might have to use a bigger screwdriver to spread the end a little wider. Once you get the ends spread just slide the nockset down off the center serving.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I always used a combo of Barry's and Justin's methods, pry ends open and pull open with vise grips.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

what all the above said.now cut that thing off and start shooting

Post Thanks / Like

i used wire cutters but thanks for all the suggestions