Thread: got pics get excited

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

form doesn't look to terrible. from the pics it looks as though you're leaning forward at the waist,but can't really tell. also looks like you're moving your head to the string to make contact with the kisser. looks like you're slightly out of the "T" position w your upper body. try dropping your elbow on the release arm,and bring your bow arm up. hand placement on the grip looks good. nice and relaxed.

now,with that being said, from looking at the pics, it almost looks as though you need a longer draw length. and,taking your physical size into account(6'2" w 77" wingspan),a longer ata bow may be in order. but that is pure speculation going solely off the pics.

maybe one of the others will chime in and give their $.02. try raising the kisser,which will lower your release arm,then raise the kisser. get us a pic of your sight as well
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    form doesn't look to terrible. from the pics it looks as though you're leaning forward at the waist,but can't really tell. also looks like you're moving your head to the string to make contact with the kisser. looks like you're slightly out of the "T" position w your upper body. try dropping your elbow on the release arm,and bring your bow arm up. hand placement on the grip looks good. nice and relaxed.

now,with that being said, from looking at the pics, it almost looks as though you need a longer draw length. and,taking your physical size into account(6'2" w 77" wingspan),a longer ata bow may be in order. but that is pure speculation going solely off the pics.

maybe one of the others will chime in and give their $.02. try raising the kisser,which will lower your release arm,then raise the kisser. get us a pic of your sight as well
    Well done HawgEnvy. I would say the same about a 1" too short in draw length, raise the kisser button so you can level your bow better and lower your release elbow. This might cause you to have to raise your peep slightly.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Well done HawgEnvy. I would say the same about a 1" too short in draw length, raise the kisser button so you can level your bow better and lower your release elbow. This might cause you to have to raise your peep slightly.

Hutch
    ok thanks jerry i have the biggest draw length mod on my bow right now with a 1 inch d loop also. I will try to move the kisser in a min and i will post pics again. Sorry about the angle of the camera i didnt have a place to lay my computer, but is there any way to get a bigger draw length mod on my bow (exile).... and does having the slide compaired to the trg increase draw weight a few pounds?

Post Thanks / Like

here are the pics of the sight i dodnt know why you need them but here they are

Snapshot_20111120.jpg

Snapshot_20111120_1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I get nervous when I see a bow drawn without an arrow nocked. Please be careful.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets work with what you have. Forget the draw length for now. HawgEnvy was right you need to raise the kisser button up, and just a little at a time. Till the bow is level and ready to shoot. Since you don't have an arrow in it. Be careful not to dryfire it. I would feel real bad for you if the bow exploded.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

i wanted to see the sight in hopes that it could be flipped around,giving you more adjustment. aand,as others said,you should definately have an arrow nocked and pointed at a target of some sort. you only think you have issues til you dry fire your bow.

hey guys, look real close at the strings on the bow. just beneath the cable guard rod. tell me what you see
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Lets work with what you have. Forget the draw length for now. HawgEnvy was right you need to raise the kisser button up, and just a little at a time. Till the bow is level and ready to shoot. Since you don't have an arrow in it. Be careful not to dryfire it. I would feel real bad for you if the bow exploded.

Hutch
    ok would you like me to keep posting pics cuz i dont know what you my making it level