Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: got pics get excited

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like the cable is hitting the STS at full draw. I also noticed the weird angle the one cable appears to be at passing through the slide at full draw. I'd have a shop, or someone with good bow mechanical knowledge check things out for you, because that certainly doesn't look right.
    Last edited by Ehunter; 11-20-2011 at 05:00 PM.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    It looks like the cable is pulled over to the inside of the STS. NOT GOOD. The STS should be in line with the string, with the cables on the outside of it, running through the slide. That's the VERY FIRST thing I would fix, then I'd go from there with the advise others have given.
    no its on the other side of the sts and on the other side of the bus cable soo in other bords the bus cable is closer to the sts than that other cable

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

that cable definately ain't right. wish you were closer. you really need to get that bow to a pro shop. there's no point in trying to make any more adjustment with the string/cable like it is. also,looking at the cord for your drop rest. it shouldnt be that long. i'm looking at the arrow on the string,it doest look as though the rest is coming all the way up. and,if it is,it could be your nock is a bit high. but you're going to have to start from scratch after you get the bow checked out
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    that cable definately ain't right. wish you were closer. you really need to get that bow to a pro shop. there's no point in trying to make any more adjustment with the string/cable like it is. also,looking at the cord for your drop rest. it shouldnt be that long. i'm looking at the arrow on the string,it doest look as though the rest is coming all the way up. and,if it is,it could be your nock is a bit high. but you're going to have to start from scratch after you get the bow checked out
    ya the rest comes up all the way but the reasion the string is so long is because i didnt cuz it yet because i just havent got any thing on my bow all set up and i dont want to cut it to short yet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    ok i just looked at a pic that grave digger sent me a few days back and his cable does that also so i think its supposed to

Untitled.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

ok for that 1 inch movement it did move my sight up a lot but i still need to move it up another inch and it should be good but its weired having my draw hand that far down and im rinning out of room on my string idk if i can move my peep up another inch

Snapshot_20111120.jpg
    sorry my cat was in the way

and thats a creapy picture

and i know the string needs to be replaced i have a new one to put on once i figure out how to fix all of this stuff

Post Thanks / Like

The angle of the string appears wierd. It could be that the slide needs reversed on the rod so the cable is in the front slot and the string is in the rear slot of the slide. In other words take cables/string out of the slide and turn the slide around then reinstall the rigging.

As for the draw length of the bow? I think it's not that bad. What I do notice is that you have a lot of bend in your bow arm. Your drawing hand is too far back on your face and you're drawing the bow string too tight into your face. You have the second knuckle of your drawing hand under your ear whereas it should be the first knuckle where the finger attaches to the hand. You could move things forward by straightening the bowarm a bit, shortening the loop or shortening the release or a combination of all three. And with you being such a big guy and the short a2a you'd have to abandon putting your nose on the string. It's just another reference point (anchor) and not totally necessary.

With the idea of pushing everything forward you can move the kisser button closer to the front of your lips and not back in the corner of your mouth. I always like to kid guys and ask them why the call it a kisser button. Do you kiss your wife or girl friend with the corner of your mouth? KISS it. This will also allow for less face contact with the string. Pressing the string into the face creates string torque at full draw. Try to elimnate it as much as possible.

I would also add that these are things you should do some time after your hunting season. If you are comfortable enough right now and can get the bow sighted in then just use what you have as far as shooting form is concerned. You have all winter and spring to work on your form corrections.
    Last edited by bfisher; 11-21-2011 at 03:48 AM.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Definatly something amiss with the cable, and did'nt you tell us that you have a right handed bow? Yet your photos all show you drawing it left handed. From what I can see in the pics of the bow, ( dark background ) it looks as if the rest is on one side of the sight window and the sight on the other?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Definatly something amiss with the cable, and did'nt you tell us that you have a right handed bow? Yet your photos all show you drawing it left handed. From what I can see in the pics of the bow, ( dark background ) it looks as if the rest is on one side of the sight window and the sight on the other?
    x2.for sure that is a lefty.

sam are you a lft hand shooter or a right hand shooter?

Post Thanks / Like

Good eye's guys. That's a left handed bow and he's shooting it left handed. Can you get us some real pics in a well lighted area or outside with left and right side views. preferably taken by someone else?.

Here's a pic of my RIGHT HANDED bow Sam. Just for reference. If you pull the string back with your right hand, your right handed. if you pull back with the left hand, your left handed. You don't go by the hand that holds the bow.

Here's a video of me shooting my Bow.

http://youtu.be/6sDR98XKORA
    Last edited by Double S; 11-21-2011 at 09:23 AM.