Thread: a dumb question...

Post Thanks / Like

Default a dumb question...

I bought a Exile. Love the bow. Used it on a hunt the other day and I found it to work flawlessly. However, I'm not a huge fan of the slim grip. It seems to be a little small in my hand but Im sure I could get used to that, however, I do find that it was also very cold in my hand. I found a soft grip online that says "soft textured rubber grip for insulating against the cold. Molds to the exact shape of the grip area" for 4 dollars i'm willing to try it.

http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...1705/189.0.1.1

The dumb question:

I'm a right handed shooter. I hold the grip with my left hand. So do i buy a left handed grip or a right handed grip? I know I'm reading to much into it but im not sure if its wanting to know what hand will be touching the grip or if im right or left handed shooter.

thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

if you draw with your right hand you are a right handed shooter.draw with your left hand you are a left hand shooter.so you will want a grip for a right handed bow.another confuseing way to look at it is if you hold your bow grip with your left hand you are a right hand shooter if you hold your bow grip with your right hand you are a left hand shooter

WELCOME TO THE MARTIN TECH FORUM

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to confuse things even more, which is the face of the bow and which direction are the belly of the limbs facing?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guys!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well just to make things even stranger. My son is lefthanded yet is only comfortable firing a righthanded bow. Lord knows why since his aiming eye is his left eye.
    Testing testing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darkember View Post
    Well just to make things even stranger. My son is lefthanded yet is only comfortable firing a righthanded bow. Lord knows why since his aiming eye is his left eye.
    My original thought was he has cross dominate vision. Are you sure he is using the left eye to look thru the peep? That has to be tricky? I'm sure you would know but that just seems hard to accomplish.
    Firecat 400