Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Bows

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 Bows

While looking through the 2010 Martin Bows Catalog I didn't see the Firecat or Cheetah.What models replaced these bows?Thanks
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Post Thanks / Like

My guess would be the Cougar as a replacement for the FireCat (1" shorter), Grrrr. And the Prowler would replace the Cheetah. Heck, who knows for sure. They're all these stubby, too short bows. I'm waiting to see what Rytera has. Otherwise the only thing that tickles my fancy iss the Scepter V.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    My guess would be the Cougar as a replacement for the FireCat (1" shorter), Grrrr. And the Prowler would replace the Cheetah. Heck, who knows for sure. They're all these stubby, too short bows. I'm waiting to see what Rytera has. Otherwise the only thing that tickles my fancy iss the Scepter V.
    I'm curious to see if the Cougar FC and Silencer really were redesigned to be 1" shorter in 2012 or if it is just another typo in the manual. They sure look identical to the 2011s but it would be very hard to discern 1" in a photo. Economically it makes no sense to redesign then for one inch, we'll see when they hit the stores. My money is on a name change only.
    Last edited by MLN1963; 11-22-2011 at 06:28 AM.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

They have added another 62 recurve, doubt if it will ever out sell the Martin Hunter, a bow thats been in production for more than 50 years. And it seems no-one ever want to sell one either, very few show up on evilbay. Any one know what the Gail Martin Signatue Recurve will sell for?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

cougar FC(Fire cat?) has the same riser design with the fang and can be had in dual or single cam so that leads me to believe it replaced the Firecat 360(single cam)and 400(hybrid). the Exile is the Cheetah w NO provisions for the rear mount STS,the Exile Pro has the the threaded hole behind the stabilizer for the STS and is 'bout $100 more(which makes no sense whatsoever) and the Prowler Pro is 1" shorter than the Exile(Cheetah) and is priced between the two,IIRC.

what I don't understand is why the Crossfire has a lower IBO rating w the Nitro cams than the others with the same cams. to me,it pretty much makes this model useless. not that I personally care about the speed rating. that would in no way prevent me from buying the Crossfire,it's just a thought I had.

I really would like to try the Exile and the Prowler Pro w the new single cam,just because i like the little stubby guys.I am really enjoying my Quest XPB and also like the Quest QS33 that my brother has. So I will be doing a comparison between the Quest Rogue and Torrent,the Exile and Prowler Pro,and have been doing my homework looking at the new offerings from Ross as well. Athens is out of the picture unless a dealer pops up close by. I'm not driving from one side of the state to the other to test run a new bow.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bow for Exile

Hi guys I'm new to archery. I just bought a Martin Exile and was interested in opinions for the best medium price range bow and the weight tip for target practicing?

Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coolray View Post
    Hi guys I'm new to archery. I just bought a Martin Exile and was interested in opinions for the best medium price range bow and the weight tip for target practicing?

Thanks!!
    welcome to the forum.what draw weight are you going to be shooting,whats your draw length,

100grn feild tip are the most comon.that exile is a great bow.a good budy of mine has one and he loves it.start new threads with questions you have and dont be afraid to ask as many questions as you can,if you dont know then ask and we will get ya goning

Post Thanks / Like

Default exile arrows

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    welcome to the forum.what draw weight are you going to be shooting,whats your draw length,

100grn feild tip are the most comon.that exile is a great bow.a good budy of mine has one and he loves it.start new threads with questions you have and dont be afraid to ask as many questions as you can,if you dont know then ask and we will get ya goning
    Thanks for the quick reply. My draw length is 27" and I will probably start at 60lb draw.

Post Thanks / Like

i would check out beman ICS arrows,they dont cost an arm and a leg.i am a big fan of golt tip,a few guy on here shoot harvest time,i assume you were looking for cheep arrows.

Post Thanks / Like

really like to track down a martin dealer near by to see some of these when they get in. Love my '08 but would like to get my hands one something newer in the not so near future, but sooner than later if that all makes sense.

The Bengal is looking pretty damn sharp and I'm still wanting to see how the Onza is.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff