Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Metal Storm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    School is going well. I didn't go today because of the bad weather here. We got about 5" of snow, and sleet was coming down earlier. The college that I go to is located a little more that an hour south of here, and all they are getting is rain, so school wasn't cancelled. The weather just ruined my record of 100% attendance.
    Maybe someone the attendence office needs a new string?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Maybe someone the attendence office needs a new string?
    As far as I know my professor isn't an archer. He lives in the city as far as I know.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

just because someone lives in a city dosen't mean the do not shoot...we are all country boys at heart... I used to live in a city, well just out side of one.. lol

So brad what classes are you taking , thats got a professor teaching it
    Perhaps you can get asterisk for that bad weather day... lol you getting any shooting time..
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    just because someone lives in a city dosen't mean the do not shoot...we are all country boys at heart... I used to live in a city, well just out side of one.. lol

So brad what classes are you taking , thats got a professor teaching it
    Perhaps you can get asterisk for that bad weather day... lol you getting any shooting time..
    I know, I know.
    Now as far as what classes that I'm taking that have a professor teaching them, the answer is all. It is college you know. LOL Now about shooting time, maybe later. I've got to get working on my 6-7 page Persuasion(Argument) paper for English 101. Yes, I'm going to be a machinist, but I guess I need to know how to write a 6-7 page research paper. LOL
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows

Post Thanks / Like

LOL yea ... I had to take that sort of class too, But My shop instructor was retired Ford Guy.. as in worked for ford mortor Co and on cobras... which made for some interesting lectures.. Enjoy this time youngster.. lol I wish i was your age again
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

LOL yea ... I had to take that sort of class too, But My shop instructor was retired Ford Guy.. as in worked for ford mortor Co and on cobras... which made for some interesting lectures.. Enjoy this time youngster.. lol I wish i was your age again
    Mine was a machine shop manager at one time, and I don't know how many years he has been in the machining field. He is very knowledgeable and helpful. I couldn't ask for a better instructor.
    I am also taking Algebra/Trig. Did you have to take Trig too?

Post Thanks / Like

Sort of ...practical shop math 1 and 2 ..lol coverd loads of math basic to trig
    Now i have a trig book heck brb .....ok see not long at all
    get your self this book.. Trigonometry Tables & multipliers For Engineers ,
    Published by All American bushing co in Calif
    Check out a tool supplier in your area and buy all means get your self the new machinist hand book asap... tell dad x mass is commin... it should come with a CD for your pc.. any way big helpers..have more info that you will know what to do with...lol
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

Sort of ...practical shop math 1 and 2 ..lol coverd loads of math basic to trig
    Now i have a trig book heck brb .....ok see not long at all
    get your self this book.. Trigonometry Tables & multipliers For Engineers ,
    Published by All American bushing co in Calif
    Check out a tool supplier in your area and buy all means get your self the new machinist hand book asap... tell dad x mass is commin... it should come with a CD for your pc.. any way big helpers..have more info that you will know what to do with...lol
    Yeah, there are many things that I need to get, and the machinist's handbook is definitely one of them. I also still have to get a micrometer as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I remember them days ...I was lucky My uncle was also a machinist and gave me a gift package with a few starter tools.. Just look at it this way.. buy the good one and it the only one you ever need to buy.. I would sujest you get your self a set Instead of just the 0-1 start off with 0 - 3 set of 3 michs of if you can and unless you macking a lot O strings the box set 0-6 dont faint when you look this up ...lol dont want to sticker shock ya..
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I remember them days ...I was lucky My uncle was also a machinist and gave me a gift package with a few starter tools.. Just look at it this way.. buy the good one and it the only one you ever need to buy.. I would sujest you get your self a set Instead of just the 0-1 start off with 0 - 3 set of 3 michs of if you can and unless you macking a lot O strings the box set 0-6 dont faint when you look this up ...lol dont want to sticker shock ya..
    Yeah, I've discovered that quality machining tools are pricey. At least the shop has the tools so I don't have to get everything right now.