Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY Camera Mount

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    cool idea would love to film my shots ...but Ore says no electronic stuff on bow or arrow
    that's BS...sorry...BE! i MIGHT be able to understand "no electronics that aid in the taking of game". but to film a hunt...total BE!
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    that's BS...sorry...BE! i MIGHT be able to understand "no electronics that aid in the taking of game". but to film a hunt...total BE!
    It's the same in Washington State. No electronic devices are allowed on a bow. I learned first hand I asked my local game warden in front of the hunters Ed class and showed him my bow with my little Tachyon Camera connected to it. I told him that it's just for filming and there's no lasers shooting out from it. I had asked him in front of the students and other instructors...for a purpose ( Witnesses). We only have 1 game warden in my county. He gave me Verbal permission.
    Fast Forward to Opening day of Archery September. I killed my Muley on Video at 50 yards. Later that night I Edited it and posted it on Youtube and added it to two hunting forums. The nexst day, I got bombarded by some hunters on another forum for filming it. Soon after a member identifies himself as a Fish and Game Officer and asked me to call him. So i did. It was a Sgt. from the west side. I told him what happened and that I had Verbal permission from my Game Warden and that I had 30 plus Student's and three master hunter instructors as Witnesses that will come forward. Later on the Captain from the Olympia Office calls me too. I told him the same thing. It was all legal but I used a Bow cam to film it with Permission from the game Warden. Later that night, My game Warden calls me at home and I told him what happened. I also refreshed his memory about the Camera on my bow and that he had given me permission in front of many Witnesses. The next morning I was called again, I didn't get into any trouble but I did remove the video out of respect for the officers. The Bowhunter that turned me in wanted points for turning me in. You won't see me put anything with a Battery on my bow again. It turned out to be a headache.

My mistake on the other forum was enjoying the flaming and egging them on.
    Last edited by Double S; 12-05-2011 at 11:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

No electronics here either. Regs state 'on the bow or arrow'
    How a lighted nock would give you an unfair advantage in killing a critter I am unable to figure out but - thats the law.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    No electronics here either. Regs state 'on the bow or arrow'
    How a lighted nock would give you an unfair advantage in killing a critter I am unable to figure out but - thats the law.
    I've been to one of the meetings. Some Anti hunters/ Politician believe that some arrows can have GPS and laser devices added to the arrow. They believe that hunters will run around shooting Deer with arrows before season starts and track them to the bedding area. So they know where they are when the season starts.
    They figure that if there's no batteries in the arrow or bow, Someone cannot add a tracking device to the arrow. They also state that it gives an unfair advantage to the hunter and it's not Sporting or fair.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    I've been to one of the meetings. Some Anti hunters/ Politician believe that some arrows can have GPS and laser devices added to the arrow. They believe that hunters will run around shooting Deer with arrows before season starts and track them to the bedding area. So they know where they are when the season starts.
    They figure that if there's no batteries in the arrow or bow, Someone cannot add a tracking device to the arrow. They also state that it gives an unfair advantage to the hunter and it's not Sporting or fair.
    Ya know - I've never thought of it quite like that. I guess because I'm just a scroungy, blue collar, overworked, underpaid, honest, family oriented, ahole that believes in
    being able to sustain myself and my family by harvesting the renewable resources provided to us on this big spinning rock.
    So yeah - suppose ya could just dart some trophys (or raise them with chips under their skin) and then charge and guide a bunch of worthless pieces of spit with gps
    guided arrows out into our forests.
    Wish I didn't have this in my brain now.
    Think I will just go check on my winter garden and think about a new long bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Still a work, going to tinker with it some more later. Going to do as much as I can to bring the shock down as much as possible. I have an idea of what I need to do, it is just getting it done. The arm needs to be shortened/reinforced to make it more rigid thus not giving it any room to really move upon the impulse of the shot.

I did a first set up with the connection arm zip-tied to my stabilizer, vibration seemed to be a bit lower there because there was less area for it to travel, but it looked ridiculous and would be "semi-permanent". With what I have going on now, I can take it on and off.

324913_932476797172_31101004_41079257_1756837767_o.jpg332926_932476368032_31101004_41079256_168272529_o.jpg
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Latest test video of the mount. Took the bracket and cut it in half and then welded it back together overlapping the 2 pieces to laminate it for more rigidity. A little stiffer than I expected, but helps the vibration more than before. Need to tinker with it some more to make the phone fit more snug with the mount to keep it from popping out.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

see Im not the only one who lives ina crazy state... we can film, just nothing mounted to bow or arrow... I still gettin luma nocks for my flu flus just too hard to find em in the grass while messing around..

The phone mount looks good semes to work well too. Cant wait to see it flim your next hunt. good job you lucky guy who gets to put electronics on there bow... dang it Oregon
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

The video looks good.

Post Thanks / Like

can you zoom in and see the arrow flight or even it in the bag? just wondering if you will beable to see the hit on your next volunteer..
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/