Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: DIY Camera Mount

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    as with anything tinker tinker till its perfect or works that way... I here ya use what you have , thats what we do, But here its all alum. lol... scraps I drug home over the years of working in a machine shop....
    For sure, I could probably get my hands on some heavier gauge aluminum and get a bracket cut out, would just need to do some poking around. I made a cardboard template of my current one just in case before I cut it down
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Yeah I saw that the other day, looks pretty interesting, but I'm running an Android!

android.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    For sure, I could probably get my hands on some heavier gauge aluminum and get a bracket cut out, would just need to do some poking around. I made a cardboard template of my current one just in case before I cut it down
    take note all you Diy guys.. this is how a professional tinker does it ...lol good idea droppixel
    nothing worse then making a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ see cant even type it
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I can get some small pieces of 5 gauge aluminum on evilbay for relatively cheap. Might look into it. Doing some out loud keyboard thinking ... bet if I ran a bead down the center that will give me the rigidity (think corrugated alum siding) I would need and still be able to make my bends for the mounting areas.

Post Thanks / Like

humm perhaps... whats the decimal = to 5 gauge..
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    humm perhaps... whats the decimal = to 5 gauge..
    .2092 is what it is , that should be plenty just like it is bent into your form or cut and welded.. How much dose that phone weigh
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

4.77oz for the phone. Overall it really isn't that bad weight wise, I'm sure the aluminum at that size might be about the same weight, maybe a little less. Won't know until I try it though, but I might be able to cut the aluminum down to a more refined/cleaner shape. Overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out for only $6.

Post Thanks / Like

not too bad ..almost broke the bank on that mount...lol if you use the alum it will cut the mass weight down
    Darton Fury recurve

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Due to the variation of android and its hardware, and lack of solid capability of the OS, this is going to be iOS only for now. It is one of the leanest app out there, the entire app is only 2.7MB. DYI, it just became available as of this morning at the iTunes App store, .... very proud... very excited... the first app I am involved with the on the iOS platform. Not a cheap app, but the sales is going to be very limited, thus the price. $99.95 Did you see in the profile, my name and hunting set up is on it... I am getting famous... LOL

For those who are interested, the iBowSight mount is made of 7000 and 6000 series AL, so for the first 1500 insertion, the phone should be +/- 0.003" so it is meant to be a reliable sight for those who understand and demands it. As of today, the iBowSight Safari version is on the web, the North American version should be what most people wanted due to its ability to take on and off in less than 10 seconds. The safari due to a 2 piece design can take up to 20 seconds to be on and off and may cost more! The NA versions is going to be $99.95 in black.

Last edited by firenock; 12-17-2011 at 06:07 AM.