Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Had a great season this year more deer in one year then ever before

Post Thanks / Like

Default Had a great season this year more deer in one year then ever before

So I posted the 3 point I shot with my bow last week. Well I shot that tuesday, and saturday was the opener of the shotgun season. I shot this 8 point at 7:30 am. I just bought an h&r ultra lightweight 20 guage, and its been doing a great job. Deer went about 70 yds and dropped. One of the biggest bodied deer I've shot, and the 2nd biggest rack I've gotten. Then I got this doe yesterday ran 40 yds and dropped. I've never got this many deer in a season let alone a week. Been really blessed this year.

downsized_1121011433.jpg

downsized_1119010741a.jpg
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

good shootin',Josh. 5 bowkills for me so far and 2 tags left to fill. congrats!
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

nice hawg, thats a pile of deer. I havent seen larg numbers of deer this year, actually I've seen 3 deer in shotgun season, and killed 2 of them. Slow for most of my family they havent seen anything
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats. I'm kinda envious of you guys. I can only kill one a year. Plus I wasn't drawn for a second deer lotto.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats nice buck.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks. I grew up in pennsylvania but was born in washington state. my grandfather use to hunt there but I'm I think the regs were a little more liberal then. In pa we are limited to one buck and you put in for a doe tag. no matter what the implement its just those 2 deer. I like nys regs other then the shotgun rule. But there does seem to be less deer here then in pa. Seems to be feast or famine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    good shootin',Josh. 5 bowkills for me so far and 2 tags left to fill. congrats!
    Would love to have that many tags to fill, got the deer for it, we get one buck tag, can apply for a 600 series anterless tag and if we get real lucky can draw another tag, so basicily 2 deer and hope for the 3rd. Oh well, over the counter elk tag for $42.50 and the $14.50 bear tag help make up for that.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

true that ...sports pac for 165. elk, bear, deer, cougar and turkey tag, upland bird and salmon stealhead report tag. more deer tags would be great but if a guy tags out on all this well frezzers going to be fullup
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

Added another doe to the count today in the Pa rifle season. Good size doe, used the 243 that my brother will inherit when he is old enough to hunt. Shot it at 75 yds through the woods, took out one lung, the heart, and lodged in the offside shoulder. Didnt pass through but she piled up 15 yds from the hit. I'm impressed with this little 243, I've always used a 270 or larger rifles, but this thing kills deer dead in a hurry. Shooting a 95gr nosler ballistic tip close to 3000fps. Killed 4 deer in 3 years with it. 2 deer dropped where they were shot, the other two made it no more then 20 yds with a shot behind the shoulder. I can honestly say it will kill anything he puts a decent shot on. Zero recoil, especially after the laminated stock I built for it. Best part of the hunt was spending the morning with him, and having him there for the harvest. It was his first year tagging along, hopefully next year he will be holding the gun. hopefully post a pic soon

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulation on another venison doner. The .243 has been very popular ever since its introduction for the exact reasons you mentioned.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade