Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fletching

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

lovin' me some Blazers. they can't be all that bad if nearly every major manufacturer is using them. got tired of the 4" feathers tearing up. my next batch will be Blazers w a right helical. my pro shop guys tell me great things with that set up and small fixed blade BH's like the ST's. it doesn't cost any extra so can't hurt to try.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    lovin' me some Blazers. they can't be all that bad if nearly every major manufacturer is using them. got tired of the 4" feathers tearing up. my next batch will be Blazers w a right helical. my pro shop guys tell me great things with that set up and small fixed blade BH's like the ST's. it doesn't cost any extra so can't hurt to try.
    i had fethers last year i liked them other than when i went out in the snow and they got wet then they had problems but i would usethinm if there was no snow or rain to get them wet

and blazers are good just not my choice

Post Thanks / Like

4 plus years with fobs. I won't use anything else for hunting. I've tried fusions, blazers now Gator vanes. Still getting familiar with Gators Feather vanes. But I always go back to Fobs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    4 plus years with fobs. I won't use anything else for hunting. I've tried fusions, blazers now Gator vanes. Still getting familiar with Gators Feather vanes. But I always go back to Fobs.
    how are the fobs i was thinkin about trying them

Post Thanks / Like

Bohning makes a fine vane in a Blazer. I've been shooting them a long time and never had any trouble. If they don't stick you might not be following Bohning's instructions. A lot of people don't realize that the Blazers don't require any prep. If you clean a Blazer like you would the others, it won't adhere to the arrow well.

I'll issue this challenge, if you have a problem with the Blazer post it up here and I'll address it, or get you the answer you need to fix the problem.
    Shoot Straight!

Clyde Wiggins
    Tallahassee, FL

Martin Archery ~ Muzzy Products ~ Bohning Archery ~ Carbon Express

Post Thanks / Like

FOB's are the way to go, I love FOB's I have been shooting FOB's for about a year now, before FOB's I shot Blazers and did ok with them but since I tried my first FOB that was all it took. They are virtually unaffected by wind, much less drift than Fletchings. They keep the heaviest of BH on track.

Paul has had customers who use them to hunt elephants, where the arrows weigh up to and around 800gr. A lot of vanes have troubles with that.

But if I didn't shoot FOB's I would definitely shoot blazers. Check out FOB's at http://www.teamstarrflight.com/ I go by VAhunter08 there. Look us up.
    Last edited by Rottzilla; 11-22-2011 at 07:35 PM.
    08' Martin Saber
    27" DL 62# DW 7"BH 32.25"ATA
    Limbsaver Elite Prism 5 Pin Sight
    NAP Apache, Tru-Ball Rack Master Pro Release
    Harvest Time Archery HT-2 28" with FOB's and Grim Reaper BH
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me. Gen 27:3 NKJV

Post Thanks / Like

Feathers for me, thats what I have shot almost all my of my archery life (40+ years). I shoot the Gator Vane feathers now and love them. I tryed Blazers and other plastic vanes for a bit but went back to feathers.
    For my sloppy finger release feathers work the best.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

thks all i wass looking at the bohning fletching tower as a jig. has anyone used this jig?

Post Thanks / Like

I've shot Blazers, had to go to a wide axle on the bottom of my X rigged Slayer in order to get vane clearence. Had no trouble gettting them to stick, even on shafts that I dipped ( Sorry, old school guy, dipped 8" of nock end instead of a wrap ) in paint. Really had no problem with the blazers, but I'm switching to Norway Predators, a slightly shorter vane so that I can go back to a standard axle. Using one wide axle seperates the cables and allows them to vibrate, have to have cat whiskers on the cables now to keep Ole Gail quiet right now.
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 11-23-2011 at 08:03 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Limeted to my ole school 5" untill i get new arrows.. use feathers on the recurve . did the boys in 2" ryzors realy like the results we got on them.. have 3" vain tec low pro on target arrows stick ok and fly nice
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/