Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Fletching

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    northport,NY
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    4 plus years with fobs. I won't use anything else for hunting. I've tried fusions, blazers now Gator vanes. Still getting familiar with Gators Feather vanes. But I always go back to Fobs.
    I shoot a martin cheetah with a 30" ata do you think the fobs would work? also do u have any problems with arrow recovery?

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpalt1 View Post
    I shoot a martin cheetah with a 30" ata do you think the fobs would work? also do u have any problems with arrow recovery?
    What's your DL? Make sure you have a Drop away. I've lost one arrow in 4 years while out hunting. That's when I first started using Fobs. I didn't use arrow wraps. Now I use bright Wraps for easier Arrow shaft recovery. it's even easier to find a stray arrow at dusk. I use a flashlight and the Florescent wraps show up faster with a flashlight. The Fob pops off during pass through and drops on the ground. If the buck doesn't drop but takes off. You can use the fob as a marker for location of the start of your tracking. I usually leave the fob at the spot until I recover my animal. Depending on terrain, the Shaft is usually 10 feet behind the fob. It usually lost so much speed from the pass through that it's just laying on the ground or just stuck in the dirt 2-3 inches. Fobs are hard to beat when shooting in Windy conditions like where I live. Any sound that comes from fob comes from the back of the Fob back toward the shooter. I've never had a animal duck a Fob'ed arrow. I would be more worried about String noise that arrow noise. My favorite Fob colors to use are White, orange and Pink. Pink is the best i think. You can see it from a distance. I don't use White fobs during the winter. I use black fobs if I'm shooting with non fob users. it's harder for them to see the fobs. Fobs can last a long time if used correctly. One Fob, one Spot.




    Last edited by Double S; 11-23-2011 at 02:56 PM.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolsam402 View Post
    how are the fobs i was thinkin about trying them
    I love them. Check out their website for more info. starrflight.com. I'm mainly a hunter so it's what i mainly use. The only reason I mess around with blazers and other fletching is because many Organizations, Tourney's don't allow them in competition ( For now) I know they are allowed in spots and I believe FITA. They take a few feet per second off your speed because the airfoil has more drag than a standard vane. I'm not a speed freak so I'm not worried about the 3-4 fps loss That's why they are great for steering Broadheads. Heavier, the better. The Owner, Paul has one of the best top notch Customer service's in the Archery business. I've been through all the Fob bashing on AT and I still stick to Fobs.
    Last edited by Double S; 11-23-2011 at 03:15 PM.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    northport,NY
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    What's your DL? Make sure you have a Drop away. I've lost one arrow in 4 years while out hunting. That's when I first started using Fobs. I didn't use arrow wraps. Now I use bright Wraps for easier Arrow shaft recovery. it's even easier to find a stray arrow at dusk. I use a flashlight and the Florescent wraps show up faster with a flashlight. The Fob pops off during pass through and drops on the ground. If the buck doesn't drop but takes off. You can use the fob as a marker for location of the start of your tracking. I usually leave the fob at the spot until I recover my animal. Depending on terrain, the Shaft is usually 10 feet behind the fob. It usually lost so much speed from the pass through that it's just laying on the ground or just stuck in the dirt 2-3 inches. Fobs are hard to beat when shooting in Windy conditions like where I live. Any sound that comes from fob comes from the back of the Fob back toward the shooter. I've never had a animal duck a Fob'ed arrow. I would be more worried about String noise that arrow noise. My favorite Fob colors to use are White, orange and Pink. Pink is the best i think. You can see it from a distance. I don't use White fobs during the winter. I use black fobs if I'm shooting with non fob users. it's harder for them to see the fobs. Fobs can last a long time if used correctly. One Fob, one Spot.




    My dl is 29" I called starflight today and was impressed on the time paul took to explain his product.
    wether he was just tring to make a sale or not he offered some quality advice and I was suprised at how
    interestedhe was in my concerns. Appearently if there is an issue with string pinch he suggests spreading the d-loop a bit[ makes sense] I"m going to try and make a test sleeve and see if it works. I"m starting to lean towards fobs only because i'll be starting my daughter off this spring and feel it would be easier and more involement for her to work as much as possible on her own equipment

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpalt1 View Post
    My dl is 29" I called starflight today and was impressed on the time paul took to explain his product.
    wether he was just tring to make a sale or not he offered some quality advice and I was suprised at how
    interestedhe was in my concerns. Appearently if there is an issue with string pinch he suggests spreading the d-loop a bit[ makes sense] I"m going to try and make a test sleeve and see if it works. I"m starting to lean towards fobs only because i'll be starting my daughter off this spring and feel it would be easier and more involement for her to work as much as possible on her own equipment
    That's great to hear. I've called Paul in the past. I would ask him a quick Question and we would end up talking for almost an hour. He want's to make sure you are all set. If you decide not to use Fobs, he always wants to know why and always gives the archer his best. He never puts someone down for not using his products. He wants the Archer to be happy with whatever he or she uses.

    For transparency reasons... I sound like a liberal..LOL. I am one of his Staffers.
    Last edited by Double S; 11-23-2011 at 03:28 PM.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    northport,NY
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    thks double s I havent decided yet but I have all winter lol

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    510
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up

    do the fobs slow your ibo any? i like the idea,on how they werk,and by the way good shootin double s

  8. #28
    Senior Member ElkSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,037
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That is some nice shooting DS.. Now did the fobs help you do that in any way? also do the sell a test pack ? do they make all shaft size, or just a few carbon sizes ?
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

  9. #29
    Senior Member gravedigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    forest grove,oregon
    Posts
    3,594
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    now im thinking about fob's.whould have to change my rest but they are so ez to use and put on in the field.said i would never use them but now im thinking about it after watchin vid and reading.hmmmmm

  10. #30
    Senior Member ElkSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,037
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    now im thinking about fob's.whould have to change my rest but they are so ez to use and put on in the field.said i would never use them but now im thinking about it after watchin vid and reading.hmmmmm
    best be carful befor you know it you will be a target archer too...
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •