Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Threshold

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a good time thats what count's,practise all you can.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi speedykills, it was a great time and I need the practice I will not be deer hunting until next year. On another note the day we went shooting the bows we rode out to fill one of the feeders and a weenie dog ran in front of the four wheeler. He ran up to us when we stopped at the feeder and I could not believe my eyes. This dog had to be in the woods for at least two weeks. He was a bag of bones and on deaths door for sure. Long story short we took him back and started feeding a little bit at a time. He goes to the vet today plus we found him a new home. Hope he makes it and I am looking forward to many hours shooting the Threshold. I know it's a beginners bow, but coming from bows thirty years ago it's crazy how good it feels.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Chip! I'm new to these forums too! I am also looking into getting a Threshold by way of a Christmas present but all I had seen until recently were the older models. I cannot find the new 2012, so if you do not mind me asking, where did you make your purchase?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Texan5 View Post
    Hello Chip! I'm new to these forums too! I am also looking into getting a Threshold by way of a Christmas present but all I had seen until recently were the older models. I cannot find the new 2012, so if you do not mind me asking, where did you make your purchase?
    Hi Texan5,

I ordered, well actually my kids ordered for me as a present from Sportsman Guide. I'm not sure it's a 2012, but it has the same package and longer draw modules as the one in the new Martin catalog. It does not have the same set up as the one advertised from the Sportsman's Guide. I was with my kids when they ordered it and the one on the order page has the fall away rest and the shorter 30 inch draw advertised. The one they sent me has a Mantis rest and up to 31 inch draw as well as not coming with any arrows. The camo finish on mine appears to be lighter then the picture. I just shot it again yesterday and still can't believe how well it shoots. Smooth draw, fast and straight. I like the Mantis rest no problems at all in two outings so far. I think you will like it have fun shooting your new bow.