Thread: Old Martin Warthog

Post Thanks / Like

Post Old Martin Warthog

I bought a Martin Warthog from a friend Back in the early 90's. It is a wood riser compound bow in excellent condition. I have mostly used it in the backyard to target practice. I have been thinking lately on trying to trade it for a newer bow. Can someone tell me about this bow and maybe what kind of value it might have. I don't know much about it, but it performs well. It does get a bit heavy after a while, plus I like the looks of the newer bows better. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum.

There may be a few collectors out there, but I'm afraid for the most part, the old compound bows of yesteryear have very little value. It's a shame as they are part of the history of the compound bow.

As for new bows, well, the world is you oyster, and as the 2012 models are just starting to come out, there are going to be some 2011 model bargains to be had.

If you can tell us a little more about what kind of archery you would like to use your new bow for, and your style of shooting, then there are a lot of experienced people on this forum who will be pleased to offer sound advice.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the forum.im thinking you might only get 20 to 40 for trade in.them old bows might have personal value but resale is not so much.really i would keep it,
    Last edited by gravedigger; 11-26-2011 at 07:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunatally the guys are right, afraid there's not much of a market for old compounds, but we do like to see pics of old compounds.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    welcome to the forum.im thinking you might only get 20 to 40 for trade in.them old bows might have personal value but resale is not so much.really i wpuld keep it,
    Yes this.....
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro x,Martin mounted ripcord rest,Sword twilight hunter site,G5 maglock quiver,carbonx stab,H&S custom threads.

Post Thanks / Like

Default old martin warthog pics

sorry for the bad quality of pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images