Thread: 1st buck with a bow!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1st buck with a bow!

I decided to get into bow hunting this year and purchased the new Onza 3. I had some issues with the trg/sos, but it was an easy fix and I fell in love with the bow. We had some nice trail cam pictures at the bow stand, and I was really pumped to get in the tree! Season opened Oct 1st and the weather was beautiful. I didn't see the buck the first day (although I did see deer), but at first light the one I had my eye on showed up. When I went to draw I didn't didn't know there was a deer behind me, and it must have had an eye on me as I pulled the bow back. The buck spooked to about 45 yards (by this time it felt like I was going to have a heart attack) and I didn't follow through on my shot. I ended up shooting just under the buck, and I'm pretty sure it laughed at me as it trotted off. I had the last laugh though. He came back about 5:50 pm that night all by himself, and from the same direction he ran to earlier that morning. He came right in to 20 yards, and I was able to draw on him with no issues. I put the pin on him and it was all over! He went about 70 yards.

002.jpg
    052.jpg
    me and my buck.jpg
    mybow.jpg
    Thank you Martin for a great product! The hat it came with is pretty sweet too!

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, Great looking pics. Nice looking Buck and bow! Good shooting on your part!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Good job and nice buck!
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Thats an awsome buck, congrats.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice deer, and good shooting. Great job of staying in your tree to get that buck when he came back. Welcome to the forum.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on a nice kill and a nice bow.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats nice buck,,,,,,,first ones always the best.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro x,Martin mounted ripcord rest,Sword twilight hunter site,G5 maglock quiver,carbonx stab,H&S custom threads.

Post Thanks / Like

A big congrats on your first bow buck!. Sweet pics, thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats good lookin buck and a better lookin bow ...nice to know the hats cool too...lol
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to have you on the forum. Welcome to the world of archery and bowhunting! That's a nice deer.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com