Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the Jaguar T/D made?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where is the Jaguar T/D made?

Anybody knows where the raiser and the limbs are made?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

walla walla washington.that where all martin bows are made.welcome to the forum

Post Thanks / Like

The limbs aren't made by Martin as far as i know.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    The limbs aren't made by Martin as far as i know.
    You could call and find out about the limbs, but from my experience there are two major manufacturers of limb material. Gordon plastics and Barnesdale. Being as Martin doesn't use Barensdale limbs any more I'd just assume they come from Gordon, a company in Fenton, Missouri. Also from what I've seen (different manufacturer) the limb material comes in sheets and the limbs themselves are cut on a computer controlled water jet machine (like a laser) for their final shape. The idea of the water is that it dissipates heat which would cause harm to the limb construction. Then the limbs are precision ground and sanded for thickness and final shape and filmed dip for color or camo pattern. Then the axle and bolt holes are drilled.

Hope this explains a few things.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    You could call and find out about the limbs, but from my experience there are two major manufacturers of limb material. Gordon plastics and Barnesdale. Being as Martin doesn't use Barensdale limbs any more I'd just assume they come from Gordon, a company in Fenton, Missouri. Also from what I've seen (different manufacturer) the limb material comes in sheets and the limbs themselves are cut on a computer controlled water jet machine (like a laser) for their final shape. The idea of the water is that it dissipates heat which would cause harm to the limb construction. Then the limbs are precision ground and sanded for thickness and final shape and filmed dip for color or camo pattern. Then the axle and bolt holes are drilled.

Hope this explains a few things.
    I'm sure you're right about the compound bows limbs, Barry, but the limbs of the Jaguar Take Down are fiberglass laminated wood as far as i have seen in the photos and videos. May be they make them in the Martin factory, but considering the price of the Jaguar i guess it's far more to the west
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

You could be right. Lord knows I don't know everything. I would say this. If they are made in Korea they'd be OK. Those people flat know how to make bows and shoot them. The Olympics prove that. As I said though, the Martin factory is but a phone call away to settle the question.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

trad bows are made in yakima at least the wood ones are...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    You could be right. Lord knows I don't know everything. I would say this. If they are made in Korea they'd be OK. Those people flat know how to make bows and shoot them. The Olympics prove that. As I said though, the Martin factory is but a phone call away to settle the question.
    Yeah, the Korean bows are excellent. Even if the limbs are made in China i don't think that's a problem because Martin stays behind their products. And again, i'm not sure - may be they are made in USA

Post Thanks / Like

When you look at it from a realistic standpoint does it really matter? They are what they are.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Make sence to me that Martin would get the Jaguar limbs from their other faciality in Yakima, where they've been making the Martin Hunter for over 50 years, I'm sure that a guy could PM Larry Hatfield over on Stickbow's Leatherwall and get an awnser, Larry has been working for Martin in Yakima for more than 51 years. Might know something.

http://leatherwall.bowsite.com/TF/lw...CFM?category=3
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade