Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheeteh Bow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cheeteh Bow

I have acquired a Martin Cheetah bow, can anyone tell me if this a decent bow. This is my first bow. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paully2168 View Post
    I have acquired a Martin Cheetah bow, can anyone tell me if this a decent bow. This is my first bow. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Depends on what year,if it's a 2008 or newer pretty good beginner bow.Descent speed,pretty quiet,it's a martin so ya it's ok.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro x,Martin mounted ripcord rest,Sword twilight hunter site,G5 maglock quiver,carbonx stab,H&S custom threads.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the forum.that bow is a great bow.we have some cheeta shooters on the forum and they dig em.if the bow has a sticker on the bottom limb look at the first 2 numbers in the bow# and that will give you the year it was made.if you could post a few pics of the bow it would help us help you with more info.if you know the year then i can get you all the specs for the bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. I shoot a Cheetah and love the heck out of it. Really easy to tune and work on, shoots great with almost no shock that I am aware of. I can't really speak to the speed, don't have much to compare to and haven't chrono'd it yet, but it is quiet and consistent.

@Grave - for the sticker I didn't know that and makes me kinda wonder. I got my Cheetah used and was told it is an '08 but the sticker starts "06" ... hmmmm
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

i shoot an '10 cheetah and love it. I used to shoot a hoyt super slam and this bow is a great bow for the price. I took a nice 6 pt this year
    For the money spent I can't go wrong

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Forum friend!.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I shoot a Cheetah and love the heck out of it. Really easy to tune and work on, shoots great with almost no shock that I am aware of. I can't really speak to the speed, don't have much to compare to and haven't chrono'd it yet, but it is quiet and consistent.

@Grave - for the sticker I didn't know that and makes me kinda wonder. I got my Cheetah used and was told it is an '08 but the sticker starts "06" ... hmmmm
    that sucks.i think the sticker tells all.i have seen a few martins on craigslist and the seller is trying to say its a 09 or 10 then they show the sticker and its 04-05

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to get that figured out then. The site doesn't list the Cheetah in '06 but has it in '07-on. The spec chart for '07 shows the m-pro with the F7 mod at 30" and the '08 F7 at 29". There is a difference in the cable length too by 1/2" - My sticker says 32 which matches up with the '07 vs. the 31.5" for the '08.

Not that this all maters a ton, bow still shoots just fine, but would like to know if I was told and been under the impression the bow is a 2008 when it could be a 2007 or later.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site paulie. Lots of happy Cheetah owners around here.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forums Paulie. Got questions? We try to answer them. Got something to add? We always welcome contributions. We learn from each other. Feel free to join in and get to know us.
    Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver