Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the rest i hate

Post Thanks / Like

Default the rest i hate

I posted in another thread called revolution rest that i didnt like my rest and asked if the revolution from trophy ridge is my answer.
    http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...75934&posted=1

here is my rest and bow:

photo (2).jpgphoto (6).jpgphoto (7).jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

I read some of the posts in the other thread. Looks like you were passed by. Sorry for that. At any rate ou asked about the Whisker Bisquit. Then the Revolution. The Whisker Bisquit can cause some speed loss (your original question), but it's nothing to be concerned about. If you like a containment type rest the Biquit is as good as any. Depending on your level of experience you could also try the Revolution. Understand that any drop away rest requires a certain level of archery experience to set it up and possibly make minor adjustments to it over time.

If you're fairly new to archery then I'd suggest a WB just for the sake of being able to shoot till you gain more knowledge.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

in about 2 or 3 weeks i am buyin a revelution rest.right now i have a hostage.the hostage is a goodish rest but the bottom bristles ware out fast.another capture rest to look at is the NAP quicktune 360.i just dont like the way the whisker bis looks

i did reply to you on that rest thread to.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll end up trying the Revolution and test it out awhile. I'll report back what I find.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are wanting to go with something that isn't a drop-away I would suggest the NAP 360 Capture. Same concept as the whisker biscuit with containment, but no fletching contact. Shot that before I got the Apache. The Apache is a super easy rest to set up and the price is great for what you get. The Revolution looks like a really nice rest and I have toyed with trying to get one for giggles, but that won't happen until the end of the season, not messing with anything until then.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    If you are wanting to go with something that isn't a drop-away I would suggest the NAP 360 Capture. Same concept as the whisker biscuit with containment, but no fletching contact. Shot that before I got the Apache. The Apache is a super easy rest to set up and the price is great for what you get. The Revolution looks like a really nice rest and I have toyed with trying to get one for giggles, but that won't happen until the end of the season, not messing with anything until then.
    Thumbs up for the Apache drop away. Use it as well. It was really easy to setup to bout.
    Testing testing

Post Thanks / Like

As you're starting to see, there are a ton of new rests out, since your last venture into bowhunting. The Revolution is the latest, several guys here have talked about switching over but no one wants to do so during hunting season. Should be a good rest is the best I can offer.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

you posted "The arrow moves around and makes noise" when dose it move In the draw cycle.. you should be able to draw your bow stright back ..not aim skyward... can you do this if not poundage may be set to high...also can add felt to the fingers...cheeper then getting a new rest... I have never liked the WB... Just saying It is Not for me .... If you do go down that road Get the micro ajustment. life will be simpler then... Your rest should be a good one not sure why you are hating is so..all i can see in my mindes eye is your jurking th ebow back causein the arrow to slm around in that rest...not pickin on you JUst tring to see a clear picture of the real problum..good luck post up we will do our best to help fix your trobles..
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    you posted "The arrow moves around and makes noise" when dose it move In the draw cycle.. you should be able to draw your bow stright back ..not aim skyward... can you do this if not poundage may be set to high...also can add felt to the fingers...cheeper then getting a new rest... I have never liked the WB... Just saying It is Not for me .... If you do go down that road Get the micro ajustment. life will be simpler then... Your rest should be a good one not sure why you are hating is so..all i can see in my mindes eye is your jurking th ebow back causein the arrow to slm around in that rest...not pickin on you JUst tring to see a clear picture of the real problum..good luck post up we will do our best to help fix your trobles..
    Sorry I just now saw your question. I'm shooting my bow on 60lb and actually need to increase it. I can easily pull it back. It makes noise when I nock and arrow and walk through the woods. Also when hunting from a stand I usually hang my bow next to me with an arrow nocked. When I go to retrieve it off the hanger the arrow clanks around.

As of now, I have replaced it with the trophy ridge revolution. I'll start a new post and let you guys know how it is.

Post Thanks / Like

ok sounds good.... maybe some mole hair on the old one?
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/