Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: who knows about cameras

Post Thanks / Like

heck with the death raod , you keep them little girls safe and AT home... you posted a pic of the grounds had a beautiful cherry tree in it ...spring time sit under it .. for now got a fire place.. woods are nasty this time of year unless your backdrop is all watwer an rocks it wont be a great pic like you want..trust me taken lots of self done protrates....back drop is key..

I would opt out on the new bow if i was in need of a gps IT is the greatest tool I own.. Want to go to MY spot here is the LAT an LON ##... OH you all thought i would post that NO way buddy.. BUT i can tell 4x5 via the walkie and Bang here he is ina hour or what ever depending on how far apart we are...
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Gd, you'll get a lot of years out of you ole Bengal. not time for a new one as yet, unless of course you'd like one. But if you don't have a GPS, get one, current technolgy in GPS's will blow you away. I bought my Magellan Explorist 500 in 2007, got one for ES's birthday the next year. A great tool, now I won't leave the truck without it. Really should have one, we could get you lost down here.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

ya a new bow is just a i want kind of thing.GPS is a i need for my pak.the places i go and how far i walk through the woods is just crazy.i hate to nav my way out by the sun or just a guess.and it is a great peice of mind tool to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Gd, you'll get a lot of years out of you ole Bengal. not time for a new one as yet, unless of course you'd like one. But if you don't have a GPS, get one, current technolgy in GPS's will blow you away. I bought my Magellan Explorist 500 in 2007, got one for ES's birthday the next year. A great tool, now I won't leave the truck without it. Really should have one, we could get you lost down here.
    LMAO oh yea no worries just find a creak and follow it down stream HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHa lol
    like that works round here... be lost for years
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    heck with the death raod , you keep them little girls safe and AT home... you posted a pic of the grounds had a beautiful cherry tree in it ...spring time sit under it .. for now got a fire place.. woods are nasty this time of year unless your backdrop is all watwer an rocks it wont be a great pic like you want..trust me taken lots of self done protrates....back drop is key..

I would opt out on the new bow if i was in need of a gps IT is the greatest tool I own.. Want to go to MY spot here is the LAT an LON ##... OH you all thought i would post that NO way buddy.. BUT i can tell 4x5 via the walkie and Bang here he is ina hour or what ever depending on how far apart we are...
    the place we want to take pics has a great backing.watterfall,rocks just a awsome spot.i dont want to go there but my wife really does.i will for sure find out how the roads are when i go up to saddle mountain on my sunday hunt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Chip, did you have that blue as a back drop or add it digitally? My wife is starting to do more with her Canon T3i(?) and wants to do some portrait stuff.

Hi MLN,

I have four painted canvas back drops and that's one of them. I found them cleaning out an old barn and the women let me have them along with a stand for them. I prefer to use the natural optics, such as filters on the lens as well as natural backgrounds. I am not saying it's bad to do things in the digital darkroom I just don't like messing with the pictures to much. I have two Britek PS 200 strobes with umbrellas and a Britek AS66 strobe I bounce off the ceiling from behind the canvas. I use a wireless RF trigger mounted to the hot shoe of the camera to trigger the strobes. The Britek strobes are not the best on the market, but for an amateur like me they have served me well. I started taking pictures outside have look for overcast days and shade on sunny bright days. This will prevent dark shadows on the subjects face. You can still take pictures in the sun after all sometimes shadows are a nice effect or you can pick up a reflector and bounce the light on the subject as well as using fill flash. Tell her to get creative have fun and take a ton of shots some will bad and some will be great. One more thing on outside pictures, have her try getting tight to the subject I have taken shots were I have been just a few feet away from the person.

Post Thanks / Like

My experience with Canon has been great. They work, take great pics once you figure them out and the CS is quite a bit like Martins.
    I had one that was 10 years old, beat up and abused, and started acting up. I had no receipts or anything for it but called them about
    having it repaired and they told me to just send it in and they would look at it.
    They sent me back a brand new camera, the newest version, at no cost to me.
    I've bought two more since then because of that and still use the 'old' one the most.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    My experience with Canon has been great. They work, take great pics once you figure them out and the CS is quite a bit like Martins.
    I had one that was 10 years old, beat up and abused, and started acting up. I had no receipts or anything for it but called them about
    having it repaired and they told me to just send it in and they would look at it.
    They sent me back a brand new camera, the newest version, at no cost to me.
    I've bought two more since then because of that and still use the 'old' one the most.
    thats some good stuff right ther.my nikon broke and called them about it and what i got was a too bad so sad kind of thing.grated my daughter pushed on the lense and broke it but just wanted to know if it could be fixed cheeper then buying a new one.think i will be sticking with canon