Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default pro's and cons of 2010 Martin Cheetah

what's the skinny
    how is the sound levels of this rig.
    quiet, smooth...?
    any speed listings...?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple friends that hunt with that bow and they like it. The cams are the same as my son's Pantera and that has butter smooth draw. Speed was listed as 315-320 IBO but Martin is usually optimistic on that so take it with a grain of salt. It will still get the job done though so don't fret that. My son's Pantera is fairly quiet, although not near as quiet as some bows. It is quieter than my FC400 by a long shot.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Most guys with 2010 Cheetahs claim to have quiet bows, but as I recall there is some cam and idler adjustment nessicary to achieve quietness, just have to tinker with 'em to quiet them down. Nephew in MO says his is silent, must be as he stacked up 4 deer last year with it.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i have had 2 - 2009 bengals

the first one was pretty quiet, fairly smooth, pretty good speed

the second one was slower, loud, the string hitting the sts was loud, it was annoying.

I just sold a 2010 diamond black ice flx that made the same sound....can't stand the popping sound as the string hit's the sts. & the string was naturally not touching the string there was some space, so that was adjusted pretty well.

I figure the cheetah will be fairly close to the same as the 09 bengal as far i can tell.
    did the 2010 cheetah's have the new and improved limbs...?

Post Thanks / Like

never had one , but all i have heard folks love em best bang fer ur buck i have been told ,u really cant go wrong if its a Martin good luc!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WestMichiganBowhunter View Post
    i have had 2 - 2009 bengals

the first one was pretty quiet, fairly smooth, pretty good speed

the second one was slower, loud, the string hitting the sts was loud, it was annoying.

I just sold a 2010 diamond black ice flx that made the same sound....can't stand the popping sound as the string hit's the sts. & the string was naturally not touching the string there was some space, so that was adjusted pretty well.

I figure the cheetah will be fairly close to the same as the 09 bengal as far i can tell.
    did the 2010 cheetah's have the new and improved limbs...?
    Yes, in 2010 Martin changed limbs on all of the bows.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I own a 2010 Cheetah, and so far even with the road I've been down, love it. First off, I purchased it off ebay last winter, and with that came a laundry list of issues. First off, it had cam lean, string wear, and didn't come with good accessories. I replaced all accessories, and began to tune it. Just when I had it dialed in, I discovered both limbs were cracked. Martin replaced them free of charge, and it's been shooting great since! All that aside, the bow is pretty smooth I'd say. I have had the privelige of shooting a 2011 Ridge Hunter my buddy owns, which is essentially a Bengal with a different title, and they feel about the same. My Cheetah is far more quiet than his Ridge Hunter, but I have an STS and he does not. Of the accessories I added to quiet it down are an STS, Vaportrail Strings, Vaportrail string leeches on cable and string, limbsaver buttons, a saunders hyperglide cable slide, and my arrows weigh 432 grains. Deer dont seem to notice it at all.... I shot 3 this last fall alone, and 2 rabbits in the summer lol. I would have to add that the short ATA of the bow makes it super easy to maneuver in a tree, or ground blind. I really like my Cheetah, and plan on hunting with it for many seasons to come. I have NO reason to upgrade the bow, and will be one to say that it is a great bang for your buck bow, as is every Martin.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pizzadave View Post
    I own a 2010 Cheetah, and so far even with the road I've been down, love it. First off, I purchased it off ebay last winter, and with that came a laundry list of issues. First off, it had cam lean, string wear, and didn't come with good accessories. I replaced all accessories, and began to tune it. Just when I had it dialed in, I discovered both limbs were cracked. Martin replaced them free of charge, and it's been shooting great since! All that aside, the bow is pretty smooth I'd say. I have had the privelige of shooting a 2011 Ridge Hunter my buddy owns, which is essentially a Bengal with a different title, and they feel about the same. My Cheetah is far more quiet than his Ridge Hunter, but I have an STS and he does not. Of the accessories I added to quiet it down are an STS, Vaportrail Strings, Vaportrail string leeches on cable and string, limbsaver buttons, a saunders hyperglide cable slide, and my arrows weigh 432 grains. Deer dont seem to notice it at all.... I shot 3 this last fall alone, and 2 rabbits in the summer lol. I would have to add that the short ATA of the bow makes it super easy to maneuver in a tree, or ground blind. I really like my Cheetah, and plan on hunting with it for many seasons to come. I have NO reason to upgrade the bow, and will be one to say that it is a great bang for your buck bow, as is every Martin.

Sooo I listed the pros... cons are.... short ATA may cause cam lean, so takes tweaking to get it just right. It is light and short, which will make you look like you are holding a toy. My friends can hardly believe the damage it does. I am 6'2'' and 200 lbs... and it looks like a kids bow in my hand... Don't get it twisted, it's SUPER deadly.....
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

I shoot a 2010 and for the priceits an excellent bow.My buddy shoots a mathews and my cheetah is just as quiet,if not a little quieter.I do use monkey tail string silencers
    and limb silencers The only drawback is the short ata. I hunt primarily from a treestand so the ata is great for that but for general target shooting I'd go to at least 34" ata