Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Exacta(Wally's special)vs HTA HT-2's

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Carbon Exacta(Wally's special)vs HTA HT-2's

CE1.jpgCE2.jpgCE3.jpg

side by side,the difference in length and the(assumed) heavier weight of the shaft are the contributing factors in the results of my test,which was very quick and informal.lol.

i shot the two Exacta's w 100gr field tips at 15yds just to be sure there was no major impact change. same point of aim(POA) and same point of impact(POI). 2 shot group,5 times resulted in arrows hitting slightly less than 1/4" apart all 5 times. potential to destroy arrows is definately there. compared to the HT-2's,which i have learned to not shoot at the same spot. I'm down to 2 HT-2's so i didn't do the group shots because i know better not too.

next was one of each w FP's at 25yds. HT-2's impacted POA,Exacta's impacted 1" low. considering the extra length of the Exacta's @ 29" vs. the HT-2's at 26.75", i expected that. i recently weighed the HT-2's tipped w 100gr Slick Trick Standards at 336.5 grains. I'll have to weigh the Exacta's later when i can borrow a friends grain scale again.

next test was one of each arrow tipped with 100gr ST's at 25yds with the same results as the FP test. Exacta's POI 1" lower than the HT-2's. shooting at 30yds on the ground may result in an even lower POI for the Exacta's. I'll be doing more tests at ranges out to 45yds with both arrows in the near future.

but for now,based on the results above,i would have no problem screwing on BH's and hunting with these arrows right now. they fly good and spin true. I'm impressed enough that I'm considering going back to get the last 1/2dz. for anyone one looking for a decent set of arrows at a good price,I'd definately recommend them. 1dz fletched arrows w nocks and inserts for $48+tax is a pretty good deal.

These are the same arrows in Hutch's thread,"Walmart $4 arrows!". the pic may be a bit better in his thread. he may also have listed a weight in gpi,also. i don't remember.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

you right the extra length is adding to weight thus droping lower on target....cut um and retest.. do not shoot at same spot...lol
    You an hutch are going to make me go to wal mart...mabe the 31's would work ok on my recurve...lol
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

might not be a bad idea to look into these myself for giggles. I know they all come with inserts already, but if you can get the proper insert for them and cut them down, I could see them being viable arrows if you shoot them enough and feel confident with what you have.

Looking into some HTA at the end of this season as well - down to 6 GT Velocitys
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

We all get caught up in the idea that we can outshoot an .003 shaft, but at hunting distances, we can't really tell the difference, ( well, most of us can't ) Unless we're taking 55yd shots at does. Sorry, reference to someone else's post. I always have a use for a good cheap shaft, if they're long enough.
    Feeling enough attention yet?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    mabe the 31's would work ok on my recurve...lol
    That is what I bought them for, my son to use with his recurve. Shoot 'em, loose 'em no big deal.

I wish they had more because I would use about a dz to try make FluFlus with for him.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    We all get caught up in the idea that we can outshoot an .003 shaft, but at hunting distances, we can't really tell the difference, ( well, most of us can't ) Unless we're taking 55yd shots at does. Sorry, reference to someone else's post. I always have a use for a good cheap shaft, if they're long enough.
    Feeling enough attention yet?
    I've wondered the same thing about the straightness. I shoot .006 right now and if it weren't printed on the arrow, I wouldn't know the difference btw these and the .003 I believe. Nothing wrong with getting a .006 shaft and trimming a little off each end to bring it a little more tight.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

attention! Woo hoo! Now if my wife...nevermind. Lol

as far as the inserts go, I slightly heated and removed b4 cutting and re installed. Sitting 20ft up in the Viper now. Beautiful night,too. Hopefully I can whack one.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Hawg, I didn't get too detailed when I tested them and posted. But I did a field test with 3 different bows and the super shooter. The Carbon Exacta was very consistent. 4 Carbon Exacta' s cut to 26.50" with field points hit all the way out to 50 yards with out a problem or erratic flying. With Broad Heads on them they were 1" below the field point. My Daughter and Son are using them. Oh and the super shooter put them in the same place every time.

HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

dang the walmart my wife works at has then for 1.50 to 2.00 per arrow.then take 10% off for her discount.have thought about getting some but i just dont know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    dang the walmart my wife works at has then for 1.50 to 2.00 per arrow.then take 10% off for her discount.have thought about getting some but i just dont know.
    do it. you'll love 'em.