Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cable gaurd possible problems on new shadowcat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default cable gaurd possible problems on new shadowcat.

Hello so I bought a left over shadowcat for a song the other day. I noticed that on the it and a few pics of the bow the cablegaurd is not parallel to the arrow. does this make ant sense?? the gaurd drops towards the bottomcam I would say 3/8 of a inch. no matter how I twist it it isn't getting any better. Should I call martin and see if the can send me a new one or is this just how it is with this bow?? Also I have noticed that on the cross of the cables is below the gaurd but on all the pics of others bows or off the web site the intersection is above the gaurd. makes me wonder if mine is all wonkie. Any thoughts??

Post Thanks / Like

rest was off but berger hole and arrow show cablegaurd issue
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

If it was me I'd remove it, put it in a vise, and tweak it so that I had just enough clearance for my fetching and it ran 90 degrees to the string.It looks like it leaves the riser straight.Then again - you might want to just call the factory and see what they tell ya.

Post Thanks / Like

did u buy it new?or used , looks like one of martins dog leg cable rods , not fer sure but i dont think u can bend that puppy without breakin it, i have seen the same about the cables crossing above also,and most i have ran across at the chain stores do cross under ,i really dont think it is to be above , somehow i think it will cause a derail,not fer sure ,if the cables dont rub on each other i think it will be fine, mines the same way ,on my saber,been werkin fine fer 3 years that way , good luc on the new bow

Post Thanks / Like

Nice bow and nice picture. I haven't seen a ShadowCat up close for comparison, but it looks like that doglegged guard is turned to the right a lot. Maybe much more than need be. A pic showing a view from the rear could confirm this. It does look like the rod is bent too much so your best bet there is a call to customer service and if possible talk to JoelC in the warranty dept. Be ready to email him your picture as he might want to see it.

As for the cables crossing below the rod? That's OK and as it should be. Best way to confirm this is to remove the cables from the slide and see where they cross naturally. It's probably a dual cam bow so these usually cross at the physical center of the bow.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

joelc

It doesn't matter if the cables cross above or below the rod...so long as the cables are not rubbing against one another. Nothing about that cable rod looks out of norm. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot the bow as is.

Post Thanks / Like

saw a pse vendetta at my local sports shop with the same issue... The employee told me that it was normal.... then as I walked by later, he was turning it about 90 degrees clockwise .... may want to look at it. Check tio see if your bow is in tune.... if so..... I wouldnt change a thing. Sometimes, we are forced to do weird things to get a bow how we want it!
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnordwell View Post
    Hello so I bought a left over shadowcat for a song the other day. I noticed that on the it and a few pics of the bow the cablegaurd is not parallel to the arrow. does this make ant sense?? the gaurd drops towards the bottomcam I would say 3/8 of a inch. no matter how I twist it it isn't getting any better. Should I call martin and see if the can send me a new one or is this just how it is with this bow?? Also I have noticed that on the cross of the cables is below the gaurd but on all the pics of others bows or off the web site the intersection is above the gaurd. makes me wonder if mine is all wonkie. Any thoughts??
    I was just wondering....what song? Could you hum a few bars for us. LOL
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

dirty deeds done dirt cheap!!!!

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

good song. better come-back!
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340