Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin Warranty System

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin Warranty System

Please could somebody enilghten me.

I have a 09 Moab without any issues so far bought 2nd hand. It has the laminated limbs which i am aware may cause issues over time. I am also based in the UK. Can anybody tell me how the warranty system works? Does it differ overseas? Is there a timesacale in reference to limb failure? I am aware if the 3 part riser were to fail that would be a full replacement or stand me corrected.

Thanks Wil
    Testing testing

Post Thanks / Like

you could send an email to Joel at Martin but i doubt if he would make any commitment unless you actually had a problem. i wouldn't worry about it until it happens. if it does, then get ahold of Joel. he'll treat you right. not all of those limbs had problems.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

never had a problem w my Cheetah. shoot and enjoy. cross the bridge if you get there
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    never had a problem w my Cheetah. shoot and enjoy. cross the bridge if you get there
    Ditto.............dont worry until it happens,but im sure Martin will take care of it.........

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the deal with the Limited Lifetime Warranty. Strings/cables and finish are not covered as these do wear out anyway. The rest of the bow is covered with full warranty up to ten years. After that the bow ( or parts thereof) is covered for the life of the original owner at a cost of 50% of the retail price at the time of replacement.

This can be misleading though. The way bows are evolving these days parts for your bow may only be available for a few years or less. Limbs on your Moab would be a good example. Those limbs were 1 7/8" wide and available in 2008 and 2009. In 2010 Martin changed to a narrower limb (1 1/2") which required narrower roto-cups. These would fit your riser so in these cases Martin was not stocking spare parts in the older configuration. If a problem occured with the limbs they replaced the limbs, roto-cups and axles which fit your riser. So in essense they end up updating from 2009 to 2011 with all 2011 parts.

What happens if they redesign the whole works? Maybe they'd replace the whole bow or maybe give you partial credit toward a new one. Your guess is as good as mine, but as the other guys have said, you cross that bridge when and if you come to it.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Here's the deal with the Limited Lifetime Warranty. Strings/cables and finish are not covered as these do wear out anyway. The rest of the bow is covered with full warranty up to ten years. After that the bow ( or parts thereof) is covered for the life of the original owner at a cost of 50% of the retail price at the time of replacement.
    (Bold Print)

Post Thanks / Like

good to know
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    (Bold Print)
    Not to argue the point Joel, but you've got a reputation of going above and beyond in certain matters. I'm sure every circumstance is looked at individually. You're the good guy at Martin.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Not to argue the point Joel, but you've got a reputation of going above and beyond in certain matters. I'm sure every circumstance is looked at individually. You're the good guy at Martin.
    I'll agree with that.
    I very recently bought a new 2010 AlienX from our UK dealer, turned out to be an early 2009 (with the silver mods and straight string stop rod).
    Dealer wouldn't pay the shipping for me to return it (they are 200 odd miles away, so I had to buy it by mail)
    Bunch of numpties up there (you ought to hear my mate Neil on the subject LoL).
    Martin are sending me the later mods and cranked rod for it.
    Awsome stuff from them, and well appreciated from me

Kev
    2009 AlienX
    2009 AlienX (not a misprint, I have two)
    2010 AlienX
    I have other bows as well

joelc

Officially speaking I've been known to make unofficial offers. As pointed out above it really depends on parts availability.