Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our New Martin Exile is Super Loud! Sounds like a tuning fork! Help

Post Thanks / Like

Just checking to see how this went. I noticed in your first post that you weren't using the SOS with the TRG. Before I changed to the standard slide and string stop, I shot my Onza for experiment's sake with out the SOS attached to the TRG, and I know exactly what noise and vibration you are talking about! It sounded like a guitar with a loose string! If you haven't talked to customer service and had them replace the TRG/SOS combo yet, I would suggest you do so, but until then I'd definitely put the SOS on the TRG... and good luck!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

a pair of whiskers will make a massive difference! i tried them, but the sound doesnt bother me too much its still very accurate!

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Norway industries front mount STS really quiets things down. I didn't read through all posts or check the date of the thread, so you may already have found a solution.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    I didn't read through all posts or check the date of the thread, so you may already have found a solution.
    Good job Hawg, because the date is from last year.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    as far as front mount string stops go...i really dont know.i have never used them or looked into them.my bengal is a 2010 so i never thought about reading up on them f-mount stops.but i im sure some of the others on here can recomend something for you to look at.now for the acu trac cam timeing...i started a thread some time ago on this and had some good pics posted on it.tell ya what,i know my cam is timed for the most part and i will take a pic and post it up for ya.
    my buddy does not have a string stop on his bow.he only has whiskers.

another thought would be to try a stab on it.i hear they help but then again i have never ever used one so i dont really have any first hand knowledge on that.

but i can tell you your boys bows can be noise free.
    limbsaver makes a great front mounted string stop, i have one on my exile, go to my profile and look at some of my uploaded pics if you want an idea of what it will look like. its kind of trick to put on so it doesnt rub your cable but it can be done.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one mounted on my Cheetah, works like a dream. If you run the rod on the left side of the bow for a right handed shooter, no clearance problems at all. I can get some pictures of it if it will help anyone.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks to all Yall!

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    I have one mounted on my Cheetah, works like a dream. If you run the rod on the left side of the bow for a right handed shooter, no clearance problems at all. I can get some pictures of it if it will help anyone.
    I just got on the forum tonight to find help and I found it in 2 minutes! My exile is the loudest bow Ive Owned, and Ive owned 7 martins over 25 years, and until now had NO complaints. Ive followed all the suggestions above except the string stop mounted on front, so thats next. Ive tried everything. Checked the limbs, screws, added sliencers, Ive removed the accessories one by one trying to find the culprit, Ive wrapped the limbs in rubber wrap, you name it. It has a tuning fork hum to it. So ill be getting taht string stop and try that. Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Without reading all the prior posts I have to ask if you have tried advancing the cam some? Sometimes the bows produce excessive noise if the cams are over rotated. A side view of the cam might be of some use.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Loud Exile

I don't know how much you have shot the bow, but I thought my exile was a little loud when I first got it. I don't have the STS or TRG on mine. I have the standard cable slide, and a set of cat whiskers.
    I noticed that it quieted down alot after I shot about 200 arrows through it. Now it seems as quiet as the Browning that I replaced . It also is very accurate.
    It seems as though you have tried just about everything possible......maybe you have a defective limb.
    You may have to send her back.......but if you haven't shot it much yet, try throwing more arrows through it, maybe it will settle in....GOOD LUCK!!