Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend me a 5 pin sight

Post Thanks / Like

That's a very nice set up DoubleS. I can hear my friend Kev drooling over his keyboard.

Robust is important, as a couple of years ago, at the National 3D Championship, someone managed to kick my bow over, while I was away taking a 'natural break' just before the start. I only realised what had happened when I picked up the bow, and found two of the fibres broken

It was an easy (if slightly tense) fix and the Davis had not moved a millimetre, but it just goes to show that there are some real clowns about, even at big (750 entrants) archery shoots.

Need to start googling, and see who sells what over here.

Any more suggestions?
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Not for a 5 pin sight, but if you were looking for a single pin slider, I'd have a bunch more to say about the benifits of HHA OL 5519's, but use of that sight would most likely put you into a different class.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Not for a 5 pin sight, but if you were looking for a single pin slider, I'd have a bunch more to say about the benifits of HHA OL 5519's, but use of that sight would most likely put you into a different class.
    You are right, it would move me to the Unlimited class, where they use ...I can hardly bare to type it....release aids

I have a single pin HHA on my Unltd bow. Not had time to set it all up properly, but it seems to work well.

For my Ltd bow, it has to be a 5 pin.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeilMac View Post
    .......Not seen the Truglo, although one of the top dealers over here stocks them. Are they tough?
    That Truglo mentioned is only one I've noticed with different pins sizes. They are bright pins.
    Not a real high end sight, but I have a different Truglo model and it has been a good one, holding up well to my outdoor 3D shooting and spot/stalk hunting I do in the Idaho mtns.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sold on Sword sights, I own 5. They are about as indistructable as you can get.
    Very bright pins and come in .029, .019 and .010.
    They are a bit costly but I purchased all mine off the AT classifieds and havent paid over $55 for one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SJunior View Post
    Sounds like a Truglo Micro brite is what you are looking for. It has what they call DDP, which the top pin is .029, second and third pin is .019, fourth and fifth pins are .010. They are a nice sight, .
    this could work for you, I have A fuse micro ajust, all .01 pins, very bright has fiber wraps.. Most sight are going to be hard to swap out pins.. so you may take a good look at the truglo
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

I use a trophy ridge alpha V5 5 pin sight. the pins are vertical (less cluter in sight for me), has a level at the bottom of sight housing. Not sure of the pin size, 3rd pin down is red (40 yrd for me) the rest are hi vis green.
    2003 Martin Prowler SE
    2011 Hoyt Rampage XT
    Easton Arrows
    Trophy Ridge Sights
    QAD Rest
    Crimson Talon XT broadheads