Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New strings on by Hutch....

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you've got the lean pretty well corrected. I do have a question for you tho, in your third pic, showing the string comming off the idler, since the lean shown is away from the cable guide, would'nt it be in the center of the idler grove at full draw? I borrowed your pic to show the direction of lean, and added an indicator to help visulize it better. I'm sure that its just an illusion, but the idler looks curved.

parttimer's bengal hutch string.jpg
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 12-04-2011 at 06:46 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You will be a pro in a short time

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

@ ES from what the guys have been helping me with your thoughts would be correct at full draw and at this time at full draw it is centered as far as I can tell. As far as the idler I have been wondering the same thing and wondering if my eyes are playing tricks on me as well. Going to take it in to my local guy who helps me out quite a bit and have him check things out. Running the limb bolts in and out so many times I was getting worried about stripping something. Will let him use the press to make things quicker and then reset my draw weight to 65#. Here's what I have now, first two are at rest and last two are at full draw.DSCF3868.jpgDSCF3871.jpgDSCF3874.jpgDSCF3875.jpg
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

Post Thanks / Like

Looks real good at rest, but slightly past center at full draw. One thing, I have to ask, can you shoot when drawing while holding the bow with your foot, could get some really long draw thata way. LOL
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

@ ES yep i noticed it looked a bit off at full draw but when using the foot to hold the draw to take pics when no one is around to help might make it look funny. Will have a set of eyes look over my shoulder when it goes in. Just irritating to get teh lean out at rest and now it looks off the other way but ata is exaclt same on each side. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

Post Thanks / Like

just step back a moment .. post up in off topic or something... I would set it back to being off at rest and on at full draw ? hutch, hawg, SL any one that has the shorter A2A bows...
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parttimr View Post
    @ ES yep i noticed it looked a bit off at full draw but when using the foot to hold the draw to take pics when no one is around to help might make it look funny. Will have a set of eyes look over my shoulder when it goes in. Just irritating to get teh lean out at rest and now it looks off the other way but ata is exaclt same on each side. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!
    How did you manage to keep the bow level drawing with your foot?? If you draw it normally then watch the level on your sight. Once that is level get an assistant to hold a straight edge across the idler wheel following the string. It is hard to keep the bow level & as you watch the sight level move left & right so will the angle of lean occur off the string. Just watch the string comming off the idler at full draw & torsion the riser left & right by very small amounts & you will see how it affects the lean. Note: Only move the riser very slightly & on NO account return the draw while the riser is torsioned as you could induce a derailment. This is as bad a a dry fire. Best advice once at full draw is to completly relax the fingers & thumb on the grip & allow the grip to bed into V of your hand this will help to prevent your grip hand from torsioning the riser. To get a truely accurate measurement you will need to construct a drawboard.
    Testing testing

Post Thanks / Like

My eyes! Ze gogglez, zhey do nuthing!?

Looks good man, nice work Hutch.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Thanks Guys for the complements.
    Who's this guy Simple Life seems like I remember him from a long time ago. He must be one of those floater's

Hutch
    Well at your age Hutch,days seems like weeks and weeks seems like years

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep I remember him he is mean a he use to be!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com