Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iler lean and ATA....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Iler lean and ATA....

Ok as you all know put new strings on today and found my ATA to be off by almost an 1/8 on the quiver side before and after string change. I now after many attempts and walking away from it have the ATA at 32 centered on both sides. The string at full draw and relaxed is centered on the idler groove now. Does this mean that all should be alright in the archery world now? Maybe it's my eyes and the way I'm looking at it but the upper limb still looks a bit twisted but the tape doesn't lie. Put an arrow on and it all lines up over the shelf with the rest again as well. Thanks for any and all input.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

Post Thanks / Like

I would think so, but it seemed to me that in your 3rd pic in your post about your new string that when at full draw that the string would be centered in the idler grove, as I posted. But then what do I know my bows have two cams, and long A t A's.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

sure glad i could help ....lol have you checked it at full draw...well thats is did you have someone else check it for you ..lol
    Best thing to do is walk away ..you can mess with it all day with out realy moving a thing.....go shoot some now
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

New after pics you guys. Posted on the other thread as well. Think all is well tough but what do I know I'm a rookie at all this new stuff, lol but learning.DSCF3868.jpgDSCF3871.jpgDSCF3874.jpgDSCF3875.jpg
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is mine, no comments from the peanut gallery on the strings. I have a new set waiting for hunting to end.

100_1248.JPG

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Here is mine, no comments from the peanut gallery on the strings. I have a new set waiting for hunting to end.

Hutch
    no comment from this nut..
    Last edited by ElkSlayer; 12-04-2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: added NC
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

Yep yours looks straight and true but Ihave to agree with ES4x5 that something looks crooked with the idler itself but it shoots good and I didn't do anything but change the strings. Oh well it is what it is until I can get it to the local guy to look it over. If he determines it's out of whack guess I'll contact Martin about the idler maybe being crooked or out of sorts. Enough brain cells wasted on it this weekend, lol thank goodness all tags filled.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

? are your pins that are in the Roto cup, seated all the way?

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Good to visit with ya on the phone. Thanks for everything and will let ya know what we talked about.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the pictures shows the string looking like it coming off the idler a little off center. Did you try spinning the idler without the string on? Maybe the axle has a slight bend to it.
    2012 Alien X