Thread: I have a question for ya'll

Post Thanks / Like

Default I have a question for ya'll

I have a friend over on the AT forum who has fallen upon hard times, he lost his job and had to sell off all his gear to pay the bills. He is back to work, working at a game call company in Co. and is just makining ends meet but just informed me his pay checks have started bouncing.
    I have not met him in person, just on AT, he was/is a staff shooter for Harvest Time Archery but have come to call him a friend of sorts.
    I would realy like to help him out in some way but don't know if in doing so would hurt his pride or something.
    I am in no way someone that could be called well off, I work hard for what I have. But it cuts deep to have someone I call a friend fall on hard times. I have been working 12 hour days and have a couple hundred stashed away for a rainy day that I would like to send him along with a PSE Nova I have that is all setup and ready to go. I would just like to be able to help him and his family in some small way.
    Do you all thinks this is over steping any boundries?
    Thanks for listening.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

i think it is one heck of a good thing if you do do it,but if you dont want him to say no to your offer then do as i have done in the past when my wife and i had a fair amount of extra cash.this is what i did for a best friend of mine who fell on some hard time and just wanted to vent but did not want a hand out,we sent him cash in a box with no return adress and a letter,in short it said

i know how it is and i have been in your shoes.please dont try and return the gift you have been given,please dont think into it,this is wht it is.a gift from some some one who knows the hard time and the good.

the letter was a bit longer but you get the jist.

Post Thanks / Like

Don, I think that would be incredible. I would love to do something like that someday. I think it really says something about your character. Like GD said, you could do it without a return adress.
    2007 Martin Wildcat / Jaguar 55# Dw 29" DL, Wildman Fly Series Quiver,Nap Apache Drop Away Rest, 28" Beman, ICS. Bowhunter 400- Custom Camo Hutch-n-son wrist sling

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Don,i've worn both sets of shoes. I've been on the giving end and the receiving end. just send the gift. no RA as stated. the feeling you get from helping someone is like nothing else. and your friend will never look at things the same. in your letter, tell him the only repayment you ask is that he help someone else in need someday. Besides,'tis the season.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Your a good man Don. I applaud you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Very thoughful guesture agreed with all comments. Do it you will feel so good after
    Testing testing

Post Thanks / Like

your a good man .... I too have had my time in the sun as well under a rock.. I would have ment the world to me to have such a jester even offered let alone sent... Do your self a favor Just tell him you want to help out and all you ask is he Pay it foward... once he gets on his feet, new bow or what ever give the pse away to a nother in need.... as for the cash well just help out some one else under the rock of life..... wow I am still stuned your a good guy charlie brown..... hats off to you
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Yep i agree with everyone just do it,,,it's a great feeling.

Post Thanks / Like

Its a great gesture Don, and I'm sure that it will make his day. Any thing else he needs?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade