Thread: swapping limbs btw 080 and 09 cheetahs

Post Thanks / Like

Default swapping limbs btw 080 and 09 cheetahs

I got on the classifieds here, and a fellow presented an opportunity to swap limbs on his Martin Cheetah. He has an 08 with 70# limbs and I have an 09 Cheetah with 60# limbs. I went to the tech manuals online to see what limb he has on his bow, but there is no limb info for the 08 model. Looking at the two bows, there is a difference where the limbs articulate with the riser: the 09 has a rotocup and the 08 does not have this. So, I wonder if the limbs are really interchangeable or not?

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know the limb change happened in 2010 when Martin went to the rounded limbs ends, swap photos with your prospective trader to be sure.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

My '09 Moab still has the squared off limb ends, but it does use a "rotocup" rather than the limb "pockets". However, I don't see any reason why the limbs wouldn't work on either bow. (Comparing my 08 Rytera with my 09 Moab) The one thing I'd watch for is on the underside of the limbs. I don't remember for sure, but it seems like the '09's had indents on the underside of the limb to fit pegs that were on the new rotocups.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

The limbs should be a direct swap. Because the butt ends aren't rounded it won't be as aesthetically pleasing, but they should work. Can't quite remember, but I'm pretty sure Martin didn't go to the narrow limbs and roto cups till 2010. Just be sure to ask the other member what the width of the limbs is near the butt ends and compare them to yours.. They should be just about 1 7/8". The 2010 limbs are narrower at 1 1/2".
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice, folks. I contacted the advertising member via email since he did not appear to be reviewing his post, and he told me that he had not been on here for ages and had since given the bow away. The post is dated 11-22-11 and he hasnt been on here in ages? Either he is not telling the truth, or there is some strange problem with your system. Maybe something for the techies to look at? Anyway, good to learn a little more about cheetah bows!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by foxcat View Post
    Thanks for the advice, folks. I contacted the advertising member via email since he did not appear to be reviewing his post, and he told me that he had not been on here for ages and had since given the bow away. The post is dated 11-22-11 and he hasnt been on here in ages? Either he is not telling the truth, or there is some strange problem with your system. Maybe something for the techies to look at? Anyway, good to learn a little more about cheetah bows!
    if that is the case the it will get checked out,and maybey closed out.thanks for the info.