Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me figure out my draw module

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help me figure out my draw module

Ok, i was at the Larry Wise seminar where he advised me I have a 29 inch draw. So where are these holes in my Shadowcat cams measured. i see where you're supposed to measure to the throat of the grip and add an inch and a half. how are the holes in the Shadowcats CAT cams measured?

Post Thanks / Like

Each hole is 1/2" so if it max's at 30" (2011 spec) then 29" would be #5.

Post Thanks / Like

here's the deal. i was at the larry wise seminar and they used a marked arrow to measure draw length. mine came up at 29...can't be? the module appears to be set at 27 inches. i'm confused....

Post Thanks / Like

draw length can drive a guy crazy.lol.i went throught this when i first started shooting,went to some shops and every one told me a dif DL for me...so insted of going through all that crazy stuff i just found a spot the fit me and not what i was being told would fit me.so its working.best of luck to ya.
    Last edited by gravedigger; 12-06-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have the 2.0 or 1.5 cams ? If you have the 2.0's, I think you would need the #3 holes while on the 1.5's you would need the #5 holes as spiker said.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosII View Post
    here's the deal. i was at the larry wise seminar and they used a marked arrow to measure draw length. mine came up at 29...can't be? the module appears to be set at 27 inches. i'm confused....
    my shadowcat set at 29" draws to 30 1/4",and that is in spec with exact string and cable lenghts.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks...this is starting to make my head hurt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdduffy View Post
    my shadowcat set at 29" draws to 30 1/4",and that is in spec with exact string and cable lenghts.
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but 1 1/4" longer than the module is set is hardly within specs. Or did you mean that when cables/string, a2a, and brace are set to specs that the bow draws 1 1/4" too long?

Do you guys remember Sonny Thomas? He went through a whole thread telling us that his Shadowcat draw 1 1/2" longer than the module setting no matter how much he played with it.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but 1 1/4" longer than the module is set is hardly within specs. Or did you mean that when cables/string, a2a, and brace are set to specs that the bow draws 1 1/4" too long?

Do you guys remember Sonny Thomas? He went through a whole thread telling us that his Shadowcat draw 1 1/2" longer than the module setting no matter how much he played with it.
    ata, brace,strings and cables all spec.it just draws long.

Post Thanks / Like

My shadowcat was the same way. Set on 29" hole, mine ends up way long, around 30". I noramally set up bows at 29" and adjust the draw stop or twist the string to get to around 28 3/4-28 7/8" which is what fits me. I believe I am on hole number 3.5 on the 1.5 cams and not 5 where Martin claims is 29".