Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me figure out my draw module

Post Thanks / Like

I think GD is right on track, forget the numbers, find what fits you best and where you shoot the best, and leave it there. Both my Onzas draw long, so I just have them set where I like them, and shoot. When you measure your own draw length (27), are you just going by the modules, or by actual measuring? Could be you have the mods set at 27, but the bow draws an actual 29. Either way, just shoot it set at however you shoot best, and enjoy it.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but 1 1/4" longer than the module is set is hardly within specs. Or did you mean that when cables/string, a2a, and brace are set to specs that the bow draws 1 1/4" too long?

Do you guys remember Sonny Thomas? He went through a whole thread telling us that his Shadowcat draw 1 1/2" longer than the module setting no matter how much he played with it.
    sshhhh....don't say that name. he is now a non-person, so to speak.

actually, i never quite understood what Sonny was saying about that either.

Post Thanks / Like

i was trying to determine the draw length in order to plug the numbers into The Archery Program (TAP) to do some "what ifs" and i needed to plug the numbers in.

Post Thanks / Like

are there any markings on the mods that would indicate whether they are 1.5 or 2.0?

Post Thanks / Like

The markings wouldn't be on the module. Both cam sizes use the same module. Any markings would be on the cam itself. I don't know if the 2.0 cams would be marked, but the 1.5 cams usually have 1.5 right on them. At least that has been my experience with past bows. Just looking at the bows in the new catalog there is so much metal machined away I wonder where they would etch or stamp the 2.0 or 1.5.

But then looking some more at the new Scepter it shows Notro cams with Nitro clearly on the cam. I'm going to bet that these are the 2.0 cams. The page shows other cams (loose) with a lot of metal machined away which I'm going to just assume are the 1.5 cams. Who knows? Maybe a phone call to Joel is in the works.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver