Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 rytera

Post Thanks / Like

So many new bows, so little toy funding.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bowgramp59 View Post
    barry here is what i read on there web sight. the incredible new fury xt single cam allows you to easily change the bow from 30.5" of draw to 24" in 1/2" increments and allows a 70 lb. bow to be ajusted all the way down to 35#s.
    i also emailed a dealer to see when he might get some in, i said we are talking about the 2012 bengal pro, the one that goes from 35# to 70#. he replied yep
    Difference between you and me is that you read the info in the catalog. I didn't and made an erroneous statement above. It does state that the bows with the Fury XT cam are adjustable 35# down from their peak weight.

You were right and I was wrong. Although not many people need 35# of adjustment I can see where this would come in handy for somebody buying their youngster a bow and being able to work their way up. Keeps dad from having to buy a new bow every couple years.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the 35# of adjustment is a great thing for Martin. Seems like there trying to compete with the Mission bows and seems as it will work well for them. Now,add rotating mods capable of the longer draw lengths(30-32"),and a couple more longer ATA bows,and i think alot of guys would come from the big 3 to Martin.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    i think the 35# of adjustment is a great thing for Martin. Seems like there trying to compete with the Mission bows and seems as it will work well for them. Now,add rotating mods capable of the longer draw lengths(30-32"),and a couple more longer ATA bows,and i think alot of guys would come from the big 3 to Martin.
    the new cam is a rotating mod.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    is that one of them spelling things that gives a guy the phraseology of words and what not
    yep thats what it tis!
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Difference between you and me is that you read the info in the catalog. I didn't and made an erroneous statement above. It does state that the bows with the Fury XT cam are adjustable 35# down from their peak weight.

You were right and I was wrong. Although not many people need 35# of adjustment I can see where this would come in handy for somebody buying their youngster a bow and being able to work their way up. Keeps dad from having to buy a new bow every couple years.
    your exactly right , i bought my twin grandsons at age ten 2 bows that were short enough for them , in just a little over a year there just about ready for reg. bows. gets exspensive. the new bengal would be ideal for that situation .one is ready for a 50#er the other is not. the 14 year old is strong for his age he has been eyebaling my aliens. the 16 year old he is trying to figure out what wt. woman he needs, he hasn't shot his bow in 6 months.
    curtis

2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Default bengal pro

i have had the ocation to use a 35# bow. i bought a moab 35# to 50# when i had my shoulders replaced after i finished the theropy i started at 35 and worked my way up to 50, then switched to a 45/60 and eventually
    got back to shooting 60# with a bow like the bengal pro that would have elimanated a couple of bows. i really can't see me going down to 35 or going up to 70#, but it sure is a darn good looking bow!
    curtis

2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

If you plan to sell it down the road it may be easier to sell if someone is looking for a used bow that can adjust 35 lbs.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

The 35# adjustabilty range is certainally appealing, grandson has already outgrown his bow, now looks like a toy in his hands, more than ready for the 50# limbs that I have to send the bow back to Virginia for ( early model Parker SideKick ) and has less than an inch of draw length adjustment left. Darn kids, stuff 'em full of prime venison sauage ( his favorite ) and all they do is grow!!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade