Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Small doe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deerslayer View Post
    Yes I did eat deer every day and night after I shot her lol Hope you get one!
    Thanks. Now that we can only shoot does I'll see every buck in the tri-state area!
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deerslayer View Post
    Ive eaten all of her buddy! That's why I need to get another one tonight! lol
    shoot a bigger one they last longer ...lol good luck on your doe hunts guys
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

No luck tonight. I didn't see anything. My boy saw 3 way off across the field and naturally 2 were nice bucks. Figures.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

you should take a good camera to the stand then you can still " shoot " the nice bucks
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    you should take a good camera to the stand then you can still " shoot " the nice bucks
    I sent the son and his GF out with the video camera knowing I wouldn't see anything since I always let him have first pick and the good spot. We had 5 bucks out several times and he recorded about 15 seconds worth of video. Dang kids!

On my way to leave I was going to cut across the wheat field we are hunting and I saw a huge (at least the biggest I have seen) deer with a big thick tall rack standing maybe 50 yards from me. I can't believe he didn't see me out in the open. I slowly backed out to where he couldn't see me as I texted my son so they could try see it and when I did my hands were shaking! I saw another buck in the background running off, he may have seen me, but big boy stayed and grazed.

Anyway, that is 11 bucks in 2 days and not a single doe! I guess they are tired from all the rut sex and are sleeping it off or something.
    Firecat 400